Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who has UFO's and how many? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-has-ufos-how-many-t43770.html)

Boopers 04-26-2010 06:22 AM

Quilting Friends'
You all inspire me to finish my UFO's, to numerous to count.
I have several 30 gallon plastic tubs full.I've been trying to finish at least one before starting a new project, that gets some of them out of the way. Still a lot to do.

Jshep 04-26-2010 09:14 AM

Cathie I would be glad to finish any that you don't want.

Nonna Judi 04-26-2010 03:09 PM

Several months ago there was a thread on here on just this subject. It got me to thinking so I counted mine and the number was 10. Seeing it in black and white got me in gear and I am proud to say I have it down to 3. Trust me, you are definitely not alone!

Dragonfly Nana 04-26-2010 03:15 PM

I have three: 1 single block, 1 group of blocks, and one top. I am not counting the three swaps I am currently in as they have not closed yet.

Kyiav10 04-26-2010 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mabel from Kansas
Just wondered if I am the only one that has UFOs sitting around. I do usually finish them, have one that took me 5 years to finish. You all know what I mean? unfinished ones.

Show me a quilter who does not have UFO's and I will bow to them.

Seriously, I have 12. Not including the OBW top. Or the many many many I have in the planning stages.

Kyia

Kyiav10 04-26-2010 04:01 PM

I joined the UFO challenge on the Stashbuster web site. SO I am really focusing on those this year. Until the OBW came up! And I am reading with the bargello tute but that is a UFO that I needed instructions for on how to finish what I had started.

Kyia

Kyiav10 04-26-2010 04:01 PM

repeat post....sorry

Katia 04-26-2010 04:15 PM

If I don't have to count patterns and fabric that is gathered up and ready to start, then I have four. My SIL wants three bow tuck bags for my nieces so I cut out two of each color combo she wanted. I finished two last night, and still have four left to do that are started.

I would be working o those right now, but I just remembered that I need to make the Moroccan pouf that I promised my daughter I would make for the babies room and into the box to mail tomorrow.

I used to have lots of projects started but I am trying really hard not to do that anymore. I have so much fabric and patterns and plans that I just do not have room to store UFO's. I need to stop buying books and patterns and fabric and making plans, but forget that, not going to happen.

ejudy 04-27-2010 07:29 AM

Gee, you're supposed to finish them?

I've discovered it's inherited. I opened Mother's cedar chest recently and found numerous quilt tops and blocks dating back into the 40's.

lollypop_pop 04-27-2010 10:10 AM

Ya'll have made my day. I thought I was the only one with more than a couple UFO's :) Guess I best get at it & finish at least 1. Hugs.