Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   who mazde the rules (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-mazde-rules-t117778.html)

RobertaMarie 04-22-2011 08:07 PM

Just quote the song: "I did it MY WAY". Be happy and ignore rude remarks.
Blessings.....

ShirlR 04-22-2011 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by ontheriver
I follow my rule which is, it's my quilt I will make it how I want.

Well said! I agree! :thumbup:

katigirl 04-22-2011 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
Tell them you weren't stippling, you were meandering! The difference between the two is that you don't cross the lines when stippling but you do when meandering. Problem solved! :thumbup:

I agree with this one. That's how I learned it. That's my story and I'm stickin to it. lol.

justflyingin 04-23-2011 12:59 AM

Where are the rules or "guidelines" for machine quilting? Anytime you stitch in the ditch you tend to cross stitching lines. Why can't you cross?

The only reason I'd think you can't is because it is actually harder to not get tucks in the fabric because of the puffiness of the batting. If your batting is really low-loft, that makes it easier, of course. Not crossing lines would help that not happen.

But anyway...WHERE ARE THE RULES for machine quilting? I'm making a bunch of tops and actually want to buy some low loft batting and try FMQ on my Janome 7700. It will be a first for me as I've only stitched in the ditch.

lynnie 04-23-2011 08:31 AM

thanks all for the encouragement. whenever i show one of my quilts and someone ohhs or ahhs, she shuts themup and talks about HER quilt. so... i guesss you;'re right, she's jealous.
i didn't mean to make her jealous, but i guess that's the way she is.
thanks all for your enlightening words.

My time 04-23-2011 10:22 AM

All I can say is "Oh brother".

JackieG 04-23-2011 10:46 AM

"The only sourpuss in the bunch" says it all. Not worth the energy thinking about thoughtless comment.

kittykatz2001 04-23-2011 01:28 PM

A couple of weeks ago I was FMQ on my LA and due to illness it had been a year since I'd been on it. I used to be pretty good at stippling and not crossing over the lines.......well, not anymore, I kinda stressed out over this but only for a minute. It's my quilt, going on my bed and you can bet neither my hubby or I will care one bit. Quilting is supposed to be fun. If it's not then you shouldn't do it. People that say things like that are not allowed to ruin my party it's my quilt and I'll cross over if I want to!!

Jacqueline m l 04-23-2011 03:27 PM

The only rules in Quilting, Is: Any rule is your own personal rule. So crossing lines=== your rule. You are the quilter. Anything goes. There are NO rules. Enjoy the process.

kwhite 04-23-2011 04:52 PM

Her jealousy is her problem. Leave her with it. Everyone in the group no doubt see her for the grump-ass that she is.

Originally Posted by lynnie
thanks all for the encouragement. whenever i show one of my quilts and someone ohhs or ahhs, she shuts themup and talks about HER quilt. so... i guesss you;'re right, she's jealous.
i didn't mean to make her jealous, but i guess that's the way she is.
thanks all for your enlightening words.