Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   who mazde the rules (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-mazde-rules-t117778.html)

mtspools 04-22-2011 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by ontheriver
I follow my rule which is, it's my quilt I will make it how I want.

Here also --if they only knew how they can hurt someones feelings with there comments,and maybe make them so they don't ever want to quilt /etc again.
I don't mind constructive critizism but there is way of being kind.

Weenween 04-22-2011 05:17 AM

Your House,Your Sewing,Your Rules.Your Quilt.If you like it and like doing it that is all that matters so tough on the QUILT POLICE!!!!!

sandpat 04-22-2011 05:20 AM

I asked that question to one of the Paducah "big name judges" once when I was taking a class from her. She told me as she broke into a huge hearty laugh..."We don't get that picky!! There is NO way that we have the time to examine every inch of every quilt to make sure no line of quilting touches or crosses another. We can't understand why people keep these ideas going!!"...SO.....that was from one of the "official" quilt police. I'm going with what she said. LOL

Your Cat quilt is fantastic, made for a great cause and you shouldn't worry one second about what some old biddie said about it.

Homemother 04-22-2011 05:21 AM

Cross you eyes
Cross your fingers
Cross your legs
Cross your heart
Cross your lines
Cross her off your "listen to" list!

8-)

MillieMoseley 04-22-2011 05:32 AM

I think it should just be left up to the quilter. NO rules apply. I am one that does not like to cross over stitches but you know one day I might do one crossing over just to see if I might like it that way as well.

kwhite 04-22-2011 05:36 AM

Ok you guys. Stop bashing that poor poor woman who is probably miserable being stuck in that box of rules. Just think of how liberating it would be if she were able to break free from those confines and be free to do whatever she wants, like we do. We should all pray to the quilt God's for her salvation, not add to her misery. Remember, "But for the Grace of God......"

pollym44 04-22-2011 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by ontheriver
I follow my rule which is, it's my quilt I will make it how I want.

I agree!!!!!

clcoats 04-22-2011 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by LivelyLady

Originally Posted by Rose Hall
I'm a rule breaker! If you like it, that is all that matters.
Rose

Amen!

I appreciate this thread because I'm working up the courage to do some FMQ'ing. This thread has given me the permission to do it 'my way'; permission I may never have given myself. :)

np3 04-22-2011 06:10 AM

I try not to cross lines because I like the challenge of making the puzzle. However, I have crossed the lines when I "goof" but I just say "shoot" and keep going. For me, it's like I missed the basket in Basketball. The game isn't over and I still love my quilt. Just smile and ignore her.

Jennifer22206 04-22-2011 06:15 AM

your quilt - your choice. Who cares? If you're happy with it, that's all that matters.