Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who still needs to b e adopted? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-still-needs-b-e-adopted-t59476.html)

butterflyquilter 08-17-2010 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by DLM3
I could for sure use a buddy. I am a new quilter and know that I have so much to learn and would love to have somebody to turn to. Although I have ALL of you wonderful people and you always come to my resuce but a buddy would be wonderful!

I live in IL also and would be glad to adopt you. I have been quilting for over 25 years.

katcincinnati 08-17-2010 01:20 PM

I would very much like to be adopted, please. I am below a newbie. I have years of sewing experience but none for quilting.

leaha 08-17-2010 01:44 PM

OK will be quilt buddy to any I can help, some of my quilts are on my web-shots page, which you can get to on my profile. I stopped counting how many quilts I have made ater about 400. I started a quilt guild while I lived in Oregon and it is still going strong, 20 years now. (I do not take credit for that, just for being the one to plant the seads.) I have taught quilt classes in Or, Ak, Ca. ND, Me,KY.MT.& NV.
I consider myself almost as a biginer quilter, as so much new happens in the quilt world every day, would be hard to keep up with it all. But if in my small way I can be of help to any one would be more than happy to do so.
Along with quilting I also teach classes on hand dyeing fabric and hand painting fabrics. ( my hand dyed fabrics can be seen on my avatar, my dancing mugs quilt, which I will be making a tut on as it is my own pattern.) Leaha

PBCHRETIEN 08-17-2010 01:54 PM

I would like to be adopted. I am a new quilter with very limited experience. I am always eager to learn.

starlight 08-17-2010 02:05 PM

I would like to help. Started quilting 30+ years ago and still learning definitely willing to share what I do know.

Marye 08-17-2010 02:36 PM

I need to be adopted, too.

Lisa Marie 08-17-2010 02:38 PM

I would love to have a quilting buddy. I have been quilting for 2 years and still stuggling to complete a quilt. It would be wonderful to have someone to ask questions too.

loopywren 08-17-2010 02:39 PM

I don't know about being adopted for I gain so much knowledge from all of you who show pictures and write on the board. I have sewn since a tiny girl, and recently done a few small applique quilts, entirely by hand. I have loads of fabric,and you have given me the confidence to delve in and start patching, possibly even by machine. I only wish I could meet some of you but as I live in Ramsgate in England that isn't going to happen, so thank you all for the past and all the future help I am sure I will get. It is much appreciated. Though I do have a problem sometimes with the abbreviations used.

charcrfts 08-17-2010 03:07 PM

Great idea! I need adopting! :D

Mumzbear 08-17-2010 03:31 PM

I'd love to adopt someone! I've sewed for years....don't know everything but would be willing to share what I know.
I'm a grandma but would love to be friends with anyone.