Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who still needs to b e adopted? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-still-needs-b-e-adopted-t59476.html)

quilter41 08-17-2010 03:35 PM

I would like to help others. I have 30 years experience.

candyce 08-17-2010 04:16 PM

I like it

CruisingStef 08-17-2010 04:26 PM

I have been quilting for about 1 1/2 yrs. and only know the very basics of quilting. It's in my blood, and I love it. :-P
But when I first learned, I took a course and the instructor was in a hurry to leave for her vacation, so consequently I did not learn everything correctly. Yes, I think it's a great idea to adopt a quilter that needs help and that's me! :thumbup:

barbrdunn 08-17-2010 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by jackilvsmath
I would LOVE to be adopted. I am in the midst of my first quilt. I have little sewing experience and I am doing this based on directions from a book. I am housebroke (LOL) and I don't bite. :-)

Jacki

Jacki, I would be glad to adopt you if you still need a buddy. I PM'd you.

IBQUILTIN 08-17-2010 04:35 PM

I would love to. I was adopted, then a bunch of life happened and we were away for a couple of months, and I can't even find out who adopted me. I feel so bad about it, but I guess life goes on. Sure hope I didn't hurt someone's feelings, because at that time I was just trying to learn to maneuver around the board as well, and never got back to her.

CruisingStef 08-17-2010 04:39 PM

LadyinPurple or anyone, I need to be adopted. I'm in the process of maki ng an 15 patch, hand-appliqued quilt.I don't really know what I'm doing and this being my first time making one, I've already made so many mistakes. I have a friend who wants me to make a queen-sized batik for her bed, and I need some help.

msdb159 08-17-2010 04:39 PM

I.m ready to be adopted.

Betty K 08-17-2010 04:44 PM

I'm willing to adopt someone. I'm no expert but have sewn since I was 10. Started group quilting about 30 yrs. ago and have experience in paper piecing, applique, landscape, stained glass as well as traditional quilts, also hand piece & just started FM quilting. I'm just north of Dallas if you're trying to locate by area.

quilterfly 08-17-2010 04:56 PM

I'd certainly be willing to adopt a buddy & there are times when I could use a little advice myself. Great Idea!

chamby 08-17-2010 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by dphelps
In July, a thread was posted about adopting a new quilter as a quilting mother or buddy? I know there were LOTS of posts. I was wondering if everyone found a match with another quilter or are there still those out there who could use a buddy. I would like to get a list together of those who need help or a buddy and one for those who are available to be a buddy. How does that sound? Would everyone work with me?

Great idea. Just not sure would I would fall. I guess I would need to be adopted and could be a buddy as well. Because there is still a lot that I need to learn and there are some things that I could help others with.
Charlene