Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who took my stuff? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-took-my-stuff-t211929.html)

meanmom 01-26-2013 08:17 AM

I have the same mean fairy in my sewing room. My favorite thread snips disappeared for a long time. I figured when I bought the replacement pair they would reappear. NOPE. They did reappear in a weird place several months after that. My tape measure and several other things have vanished too. Some reappear, some don't. I think somethings the sewing fairies are hungry and eat them!

diamondee 01-26-2013 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Teeler (Post 5812122)
I couldn't help myself. My snips were dull, so I took yours that were sharper, and the calculator was just too cool of a gadget to leave behind, and you're right, this retractable measuring tape is the bomb!

HA ha ha ha ha that was cute

kyquiltlover1942 01-26-2013 09:07 AM

See if your thief has my thread haven, that I misplaced when I cleaned and reorganized my room in November.

KyKaren1949 01-26-2013 10:37 AM

I suspect it's the same gremlin that sneaks into our closets and makes our clothes shrink every now and then!!!!

sewnsewer2 01-26-2013 10:41 AM

Either the sewing gremlins or that big black hole took them!:D

nanquilt 01-26-2013 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Julie in NM (Post 5811967)
In the past six months I have lost my quilter's calculator, favorite retractable measuring tape, and last night my thread snips!!! These three items I always, I thought, put back in their special place. So I want to know who's coming into my house and taking this stuff! Or second question, who would be so mean to hide my favorite tools? I have a feeling it's my alter ego. Tonight gonna do a search and recover and see if I can relocate this stuff and see what other treasures are trying to escape. Doing this takes time away from by sewing but guess it just has to be done.

My sentiments exactly, but for different lost things. Good luck with your search and I hope you find some other misplaced treasures along the way.

JoanneS 01-26-2013 02:59 PM

Same thing happens with my glasses and the tv remote. The phone rings, and they wind up next to it. If only I'd remember that every time I can't find something. Or in the freezer or fridge. Always in the LEAST likely place.

Michelekolt 01-26-2013 03:21 PM

I lost a small cutting template last summer. I knew it was somewhere, but heck it took me 7 months to find it. Some how my template found it's own hiding place in a charm pack that I used last week. Now I have 2 of the same templates.

nygal 01-26-2013 03:28 PM

I still haven't found a new brown skirt I bought over 8 yrs ago. I bought it then hung it up in a closet and when I went to wear it to church the following Sunday it was gone. Still haven't found it. It wouldn't fit me now.:(

jcrow 01-26-2013 03:32 PM

If I get up from sewing to go do a load of laundry or answer the phone, I usually take something from my sewing room with me and leave it in the darnedest places and never find them for months. At least not until I re buy whatever it was that I lost!