Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who took my stuff? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-took-my-stuff-t211929.html)

debbieoh 01-26-2013 03:43 PM

Maybe you have a sewing ghost living with you!!

Chasing Hawk 01-26-2013 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by debbieoh (Post 5815701)
Maybe you have a sewing ghost living with you!!

Maybe your husband ran off with your snippers to trim his ear hairs.

mike'sgirl 01-26-2013 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom (Post 5812029)
Hope you found your stuff! I'm missing several pairs of scissors, can't figure out where I put them :(

Me too!!! I finally broke down and bought two more pairs. Sheesh, I can't imagine where they got to. :)

Material Witness 01-26-2013 04:35 PM

Quilt THIEVES! Call the Quilt POLICE!

cr12cats 01-26-2013 05:20 PM

bet my polorgist( SP? sorry)has a brother that visits your house. if you see him please ask if his brother told him where some of my items are too. LOL

Country1 01-26-2013 05:24 PM

Quilting gremlins? LOL

brickley 01-26-2013 05:46 PM

I have this saying One reason I hate to have all my kids gone from home. Is there is know one to blame for all my stuff that I can't find.

quiltingcandy 01-26-2013 05:50 PM

We don't have any cats or other animals that will snitch an object or two, but some of my items will disappear and re-appear in strange places. The other night I was looking for one of my favorite thimbles. I was sure I had put it in my traveling sewing basket, but couldn't find it. So the search began, found the gift card I was looking for a few weeks before, under a bunch of fabric, and the sand-paper circles to put on my rulers to keep them from slipping I found hanging on my bulletin board where I put pictures and new patterns I buy. But the thimble was no where to be found. Finally gave up and went to bed - woke up at 3am, started looking again for an additional 45 minutes, went back to bed and got up went back to my sewing room, got the other 2 thimbles and decided I must have lost it. Then opened my sewing basket, picked up the mechanical pencil to put it in the holder and there was the thimble.

So I do believe there is a gremlin or poltergeist living in this house. I would have accused my DH of playing a prank on me, but he does not go into my sewing room unless it is to put something on a table and walk out. He doesn't have a clue to what I do in there. He doesn't even take DVD's in and out.

Rosyhf 01-26-2013 05:55 PM

Some time ago I decided to take two weeks to straighten out my sewing studio. Now I can find everything. It was worth the two weeks. This has save me many hours of frustration and has given me smooth sewing time when I really need it without interruptions. lol.....

sewbizgirl 01-26-2013 06:46 PM

I have a large trash bin beside my sewing chair, and I sew so fast my machine vibrates stuff off the table. I just found my missing seam ripper in said trash can.... Might have happened to you, too?