Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who would have thunk (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-would-have-thunk-t215275.html)

kat13 03-03-2013 08:10 AM

Ongrats on your featherweight! My ONLY problem with the two I have is that I don't have space to keep them out all the time!! They are workhorses for sure! I still haven't figured out how to use my 99k, there just isn't enuff time in the day!! Well...it could be my time management skills...:)

chislett 03-03-2013 08:13 AM

I have heard a lot about fw but do not own one. What are they like? People who have them seem to enjoy them a lot.

Gerbie 03-03-2013 10:39 AM

They are so cute- they look like little toys, but you soon forget the size and how small they are when you start sewing on them and realize just how neat they sew and they are really little "Clydesdales". I have two in my small collection of six machines. DH has one he bought years ago for $10.00 can you believe with case and all attachments. A lady who worked in his office with him- was having a garage sale and told him about the machine knowing that I sew. He claims it and when I used it once he wanted to know why I was using "His" machine, ticked me off so I bought my first one then on Ebay, and bought my second one at a garage sale for $100.00. The first time I used my first FW, he saw me sewing with it and started to say something, I interrupted and told him it wasn't his but mine I had just bought it.Yes you know the rest of the story- he has never used it and doesn't even know how to thread it, but claims it, and I just leave his baby alone.lol.

grandme26 03-03-2013 11:03 AM

I bought my FW a little over a year ago and love it. It is a great little machine to take to class and is so cute.

MimiBug123 03-03-2013 12:45 PM

I love mine so much that I bought a second one as a back up. It's not like I don't have 23 other machines, but I want to make sure I always have a FW to sew on!

KarenR 03-03-2013 12:47 PM

Congratulations

Geri B 03-03-2013 04:49 PM

....on the pic of FW....that little gizmo in front of needle..I guess to mark 1/4", is that original accessory, where can I buy one

sewmary 03-03-2013 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by chislett (Post 5900937)
I have heard a lot about fw but do not own one. What are they like? People who have them seem to enjoy them a lot.

Until I stumbled upon the one I just bought, I had no interest whatsoever in a featherweight; now I am enchanted! I have no room in my sewing room so is now displayed in living room. Can't wait to have time to sew on iy!

MothrNatr 03-03-2013 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jo C (Post 5899307)
I bought a 1975 Kenmore at the Restore a few months ago for $35 and its my favorite machine.

My parents gave me a second hand Kenmore machine in 1981 and it is a workhorse. I used it for years before I bought my new Hus-Viking quilter. I used my Kenmore at a Girl Scout Event helping girls to make Breast Cancer pillows. It ran for about 5 hours straight. It got warm but just kept humming! Great machine but heavy!

owlvamp 03-03-2013 08:33 PM

Awesome!! Never seen any machines at my goodwill.