Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Why Do You....(dare I say it)...QUILT? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/why-do-you-dare-i-say-quilt-t163478.html)

QuiltingKrazy 10-26-2011 02:13 PM

I quilt because I got tired of sewing clothes. I started to quilt because I thought it was something that was being lost from our heritage. WRONG! Who know so many of us were quilters! Then after the first quilt, I had such a sense of accomplishment and felt good about myself. For many years, I was not sure what my purpose in life was, other than wife, mom, sister etc... But after I did a couple of quilts for others and saw how many they enjoy them, I decided that that was my purpose... to make others feel good!

I also quilt to relieve stress from a long day at work. I don't watch tv much so I quilt! Oh I quilt, so I don't do housework!!! lol

mmonohon 10-26-2011 02:14 PM

Obsessed with fabric.

UCHSCPSYCH 10-26-2011 02:14 PM

I just love everything about it! All of the quilts I make go to charities (for children and adults). I guess you might say this is my way to bring something to a lot of people who are hurting right now.

kwendt 10-26-2011 02:14 PM

I quilt 'cause I had a sewing machine already, and my mother gave me her stash (a 20' truck load) of old vintage fabrics, mostly cotton. Plus I had/have left over calico's from lots of costume making.

So what do I do with all that? (should have given it away...!) But NOOOOO... I had to take up quilting!

Now I'm hooked. Some days I just go into my sewing room and.... putter. For hours. Some days I sew a little too.

<sigh> I'm pathetic.... ! lol!

QuiltnNan 10-26-2011 02:14 PM

i fell in love with the quilts my great aunt put on my bed when i visited. and i've always loved to sew and make things out of things i already have. so it was a natural to me.

kwendt 10-26-2011 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by mmonohon
Obsessed with fabric.

here, here....

<clears throat> Hello, My Name Is Kim and I'm a Recovering Stash-aholic.....

kwendt 10-26-2011 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Deborahlees
I quilt/sew because my family says it keeps me out of the local bars and off the street corners...... Damn family I was having fun and miss the boys.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

TOO funny!

Rhaorth 10-26-2011 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by alikat110
because I can....

this is my answer too... because I can

LivelyLady 10-26-2011 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by alikat110
For the pleasure of it!
or, because I can....

What alikat110 said :D

wuv2quilt 10-26-2011 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by kwendt
I quilt 'cause I had a sewing machine already, and my mother gave me her stash (a 20' truck load) of old vintage fabrics, mostly cotton. Plus I had/have left over calico's from lots of costume making.

So what do I do with all that? (should have given it away...!) But NOOOOO... I had to take up quilting!

Now I'm hooked. Some days I just go into my sewing room and.... putter. For hours. Some days I sew a little too.

<sigh> I'm pathetic.... ! lol!

WOW!!!
A 20' TRUCK LOAD???? Can I come to your house and play?
I'm not drooling...I'm not drooling