Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Why does this always happen? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/why-does-always-happen-t113190.html)

lscho4jm 04-03-2011 02:30 PM

I started counting projects I am working on at one time...stopped counting at seven. :lol:

TonnieLoree 04-03-2011 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Helen20906
Printed that McCall pattern a few years ago. I was afraid they would take it off the Internet. Started to make the arcs a few months ago in between other projects. Have about 45 arcs completed but I intended to only make a lap robe, but these arcs make a hugh block so I'll have to refigure how to cut it down to a smaller version.

Helen, I have the option on my printer to enlarge or reduce. I'm thinking to reduce it to 75% because they do look like a huge block. I'll play around with it. I might have to scan what I have printed and do the reduction from a scan. Thanks for the heads up!

TonnieLoree 04-03-2011 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by lscho4jm
I started counting projects I am working on at one time...stopped counting at seven. :lol:

Seven is a good number. Just assign one project to work on for each day of the week. Eventually, something will get done. :mrgreen:

mimom 04-03-2011 03:17 PM

whats wrong with all of us. this happens to me and when ever I am in the middle of a project and find another one I want to do, I will sew a few pieces of the new project after I get done with a part of the old project. I call it using up the bobbin thread.

TonnieLoree 04-03-2011 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by mimom
whats wrong with all of us. this happens to me and when ever I am in the middle of a project and find another one I want to do, I will sew a few pieces of the new project after I get done with a part of the old project. I call it using up the bobbin thread.

Good! New way to justify the temporary insanity that afflicts us all. :lol:

nellebelles 04-03-2011 05:07 PM

Thank you for the heads up for this pattern. I've made a DWR the old fashioned way, and believe me--it is very time consuming! I just may try another one, doing the paper pieced technique.
Thank you again!

TonnieLoree 04-03-2011 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by nellebelles
Thank you for the heads up for this pattern. I've made a DWR the old fashioned way, and believe me--it is very time consuming! I just may try another one, doing the paper pieced technique.
Thank you again!

I tried one by piecing several years ago and gave up in frustration. That was terrible!!

wolfkitty 04-03-2011 05:41 PM

Thanks for the link! Don't think I get to it right away, tho'.

ChubbyBunny 04-03-2011 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Just as I'm sitting there diligently quilting a UFO, I take a break and I find a link to a pattern that I have wanted forever! Now I want to stop what I am doing and start something new! It is a paper-pieced double wedding ring that would be perfect for a scrappy quilt.

Google paper-pieced Double wedding ring quilt pattern and you will see the site for McCalls Quilting. Templates and instructions are there in PDF for printing or to save.

What's wrong with me?? :lol:

If it makes you feel better, I am the same way. At least we are in good company.

:D

roselady 04-03-2011 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by erstan947
Well, I was setting here sewing a little and checking the board after every seam, and YOU posted about the pp Double wedding ring pattern......I gotta go and search this out.... we are a pair!:)LOL

I am right there with you!!!