Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Why I NEED to go fabric shoping (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/why-i-need-go-fabric-shoping-t146474.html)

pjnesler 08-20-2011 06:56 AM

Why is it that every day as I sit and check out the message board I'm planning my next shopping trip in my head - I don't really NEED more fabric right at that moment, but I'm feeling I better go soon! - Like in about a half hour...

QuiltingKrazy 08-20-2011 06:59 AM

You Go Girl! just be sure to share pictures of the finds! lol

charisma 08-20-2011 07:03 AM

'cos it gives you a buzz.

luvTooQuilt 08-20-2011 07:05 AM

I completely understand.. I have enough fabric to last me 10 lifetimes but there's days when i NEED to hit a fabric store and come back with 10+ yards more of fabric that I have no more space for in my sewing room.. But then there's days when I just want to sit and play with my fabric....

pjnesler 08-20-2011 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
I completely understand.. I have enough fabric to last me 10 lifetimes but there's days when i NEED to hit a fabric store and come back with 10+ yards more of fabric that I have no more space for in my sewing room.. But then there's days when I just want to sit and play with my fabric....

That must be it - my destination today is Mill End Textiles - very good prices - lots of flat folds off the bolt, piled up about 2 feet deep. They are always a mess, and for me to find what I don't realize I need, I have to straighten it all up - I should just get a job there..... (DISCOUNT?!?!)

Patty Patches 08-20-2011 07:13 AM

I know the price of fabric is going up again so I;ve been buying up the colors I like.Then when times get hard I wont have purchase much,maybe some tone on tones to go with what I have.Probabaly spent $500-$600. in the last month but I caught it on sale for 4.99 yd for Moda

QuiltnNan 08-20-2011 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by pjnesler
my destination today is Mill End Textiles - very good prices - lots of flat folds off the bolt, piled up about 2 feet deep. They are always a mess, and for me to find what I don't realize I need, I have to straighten it all up - I should just get a job there..... (DISCOUNT?!?!)

I worked there right after retiring... really built up my stash :)

Phannie1 08-20-2011 08:35 AM

I only needed a yard but that would have the swipe $6.oo on my bank card. So what to do but find more fabric that will be needed later. Ha Ha :mrgreen:

auntpiggylpn 08-20-2011 09:44 AM

Whenever I am feeling blue or cranky, I will go to the fabric store. If money is tight, I just buy a fat quarter. My other half has told me on ocassion, "you are in a mood, you need to go look at fabric". And it works! I get ideas, not that I don't already have a million, and I get to see what is new. If I go to my favorite LQS, there is somebody to chat with!

sueisallaboutquilts 08-20-2011 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by charisma
'cos it gives you a buzz.

Hahahaha :thumbup: :thumbup:
AND we are all enablers- okay I just fessed up.
Anyone else???? hee hee