Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Will someone please beat me with the stupid stick...... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/will-someone-please-beat-me-stupid-stick-t18534.html)

beachlady 04-04-2009 06:51 AM

Stupid stick? What is that? I need one too - where can I buy one? Hopefully you can use them in something else. I agree with a shopping trip!

tlrnhi 04-04-2009 06:53 AM

Nope, my stupid stick broke. Used it too many times on myself.
Just put the fabric to the side. I'm sure you will find something you can make with it. :)
We've all done things like that. Some of us just fail to admit it. lol

Joan 04-04-2009 06:57 AM

Sounds like a good excuse for a fabric shopping trip. And, goodness knows we all enjoy those.......

If I had a nickel for every time I cut fabric wrong (size, crooked, etc), I would be a millionaire!!!!! :lol:

Frankly, I just pass it all off as learning. When I make a mistake (or when I sew cutting off one of those endless triangle points), I just chalk it up to experience. I even tell my DH, "I'm learning a lot with this quilt---by the time I make 50 or so more, they "might" be perfect-- :mrgreen:

Ninnie 04-04-2009 07:07 AM

wore mine out on myself a long time ago

mpspeedy 04-04-2009 07:21 AM

Been there done that. Always comes in handy somewhere down the line. Have fun shopping for more fabric.

crashnquilt 04-04-2009 07:42 AM

I went out and got a GROSS of stupid sticks, then realized that was a really STUPID decision so I had to beat myself with all of the stupid sticks.....now they are all gone! :D

jbsstrawberry 04-04-2009 07:53 AM

Stupid stick my hind end!!! What an ingenious way to need a reason to go fabric shopping!!! You're not stupid!! You're genius!!!

Shemjo 04-04-2009 08:08 AM

Oh, so sorry, but I have done that too many times to remember! Chalk it up to a learning experience and smile as you go merrily out to get more fabric. You will find the perfect project to use what you thought was a tragic mistake! You might even be able to use it in the current project! Relax and breathe. :lol:

mamabird3 04-04-2009 08:42 AM

Hehe thanks all.

I will be off to get more fabric this morning (with 4 kids) so no real fun in that. I'll get the exact same fabric because my little one picked it out by herself for her new "favorite blankie". :) But as you say, lesson learned.

One of my girls has been wanting to "sew" something. The two little ones love to pick up the scraps I don't use no matter how tiny and stick them in a purse or doll suitcase and carry them around. So I think those beautiful strips I cut will be put to good use letting them practice sewing. Or maybe I will let them braid them thick and roll them up and make little coasters. I think they would enjoy that.

And on the brighter side of things.... I did manage to cut to other two fabrics perfectly.

tlrnhi 04-04-2009 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by mamabird3
Hehe thanks all.

I will be off to get more fabric this morning (with 4 kids) so no real fun in that. I'll get the exact same fabric because my little one picked it out by herself for her new "favorite blankie". :) But as you say, lesson learned.

One of my girls has been wanting to "sew" something. The two little ones love to pick up the scraps I don't use no matter how tiny and stick them in a purse or doll suitcase and carry them around. So I think those beautiful strips I cut will be put to good use letting them practice sewing. Or maybe I will let them braid them thick and roll them up and make little coasters. I think they would enjoy that.

And on the brighter side of things.... I did manage to cut to other two fabrics perfectly.

See? Something good has come of your mistake. Now, it's not a mistake anymore! :) :) :) :)