Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Will you join me for our Virtual Quilt Day - Sunday 9/23? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/will-you-join-me-our-virtual-quilt-day-sunday-9-23-a-t199859.html)

Momyar 09-21-2012 07:12 AM

I'll be there!! I've designed a QR code quilt for my husband. I got all 729 3 1/2 inch squares cut out and now I'm ready to get started. Hopefully, I'll actually get started tonight.

cannyquilter 09-21-2012 08:27 AM

My day with the grandchildren has been postponed until next week so I will be joining everyone on Sunday. I am going to finish the applique on my twin quilt; put the last three columns together and hopefully attach the borders. Then if I get all that done I will start the applique on my second (matching) twin. I hope to get some done before Sunday but I am so looking forward to a great day. Rachel will you be starting a new thread or are we going to post on this one? See you all Sunday.

kristakz 09-21-2012 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Momyar (Post 5530447)
I'll be there!! I've designed a QR code quilt for my husband. I got all 729 3 1/2 inch squares cut out and now I'm ready to get started. Hopefully, I'll actually get started tonight.

That sounds neat! And totally geeky :) Is it a readable code to a particular site he's keen on?

ETA: geeky is a good thing in my book. Hope I didn't offend you.

athenagwis 09-21-2012 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by cannyquilter (Post 5530594)
My day with the grandchildren has been postponed until next week so I will be joining everyone on Sunday. I am going to finish the applique on my twin quilt; put the last three columns together and hopefully attach the borders. Then if I get all that done I will start the applique on my second (matching) twin. I hope to get some done before Sunday but I am so looking forward to a great day. Rachel will you be starting a new thread or are we going to post on this one? See you all Sunday.

Glad you can join us!! There will be a brand new thread started, so be sure to look for that one!! Honestly the last few months I haven't sewn as much on our Virtual Days, and I was sad about that. this month i am planning on getting a lot done!! :) We'll see how it goes.

Cheers!
Rachel

thimblebug6000 09-21-2012 04:24 PM

Looking forward to Sunday as well.... not sure yet what I will work on.... today I'm working on a Hallowe'en pillow.... not that I needed a new project. Will check in on sunday morning with my "plan"

Pat625 09-21-2012 05:24 PM

Spent most fo the day today handquilting....It seems that th quilt gets larger every day and the end in never in sight LOL It is a queen size scrappy and I decided to do baptist fans for the first time in the larger areaa..time consuming, but it is coming out nice. Going to work on a new project Sunday, even if this isn't finished..need the change of pace..Tomorrow will be quilting and working on a new purse pattern

mcdaniel023 09-21-2012 05:34 PM

I will be joining it. I am fmq my red and white log cabin and get to stay home all day Sunday and play in my studio. See you then.

athenagwis 09-21-2012 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Pat625 (Post 5531689)
Going to work on a new project Sunday, even if this isn't finished..need the change of pace..Tomorrow will be quilting and working on a new purse pattern

I feel ya!! I usually have a few projects going since I never know what kind of mood I am in. I like having lots of different options. :)

Rachel

LTeachergeorge 09-21-2012 07:24 PM

Working on a BOM quilt -- have the 12 blocks complete -- am working on the sashings and need to get border fabric I'd also like to machine sew a couple bindings on, so they will be ready to hand stitch down. Who knows what else might be added to the list by Sunday? Looking forward to it!!

Linda in MO

jyllybean 09-21-2012 07:37 PM

I'm hoping to get some sewing done this weekend, and this should help motivate me to get some done on Sunday. Count me in1