Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wip-ufo-challenge-you-game-t85621.html)

carolaug 09-01-2012 12:53 PM

A friend of mine stopped by and we end up going shopping in consignment stores for our sewing rooms. I found a few cool thinngs for my room. So nope...quilt did not get done....there is always tomorrow.

carolaug 09-02-2012 12:50 PM

beautiful!!! I have one other UFO and its a sampler. I only have to finish one more block but I hate the block I need to do. I tried it twice and messed it up...maybe I will try one more time after I get this butterful quilt completed.

Originally Posted by MaryAnna (Post 2153476)
Some inspiration for all of us! I injured my back yesterday afternoon while undecking the halls...fa la la..... so I was really bad off today and called in sick. So, with heating pad on my back in the sewing chair.....I finished the 1st UFO on my list! I finished my DS's Penn Dutch Quilt (his Christmas present), I cut the binding (not easy with back problems), sewed the binding, etc. and did a label on the back.
The top quilting was done by Carol the LA, she did a great job, but got it done the Monday before Christmas.
I can scratch 1 off of my 'list'....now for the other 32!

Happy New Year and Many Blessings to all,
MaryAnna

full view
[ATTACH=CONFIG]150821[/ATTACH]

close up of quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]150822[/ATTACH]

another view with backing showing a bit
[ATTACH=CONFIG]150823[/ATTACH]

carolaug 09-02-2012 12:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Wow you ladies are rocking!!! Love the pictures and also what you are all doing. I am still FMG'ing my quilt...taking forever! more than half done. [ATTACH=CONFIG]359741[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]359743[/ATTACH]

carolaug 09-02-2012 12:58 PM

I was having problems with my thread breaking...what a pain...but than I thought I would try a different type of needle. The Blue needle that is used for jeans...worked!!! What a difference!! No more thread breaking. Thank goodness...I was going to give up.

carolaug 09-02-2012 02:51 PM

Finished FMQ'ing my quilt. I am so nervous..trying the leah day method...sorta...I sewed around the edges...and then put it in the washer/ wool setting. The batting is alpaca....fingers crossed...I have head it really shinks...I will hand dry it than bind. I have neve washed before binding before...I hope I don't ruin this quilt...oh...and my cats won't even go near this quilt they hate the smell of the batting. Hoping the smell goes away in the wash.

Kyiav10 09-24-2012 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug (Post 5486189)
Wow you ladies are rocking!!! Love the pictures and also what you are all doing. I am still FMG'ing my quilt...taking forever! more than half done. [ATTACH=CONFIG]359741[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]359743[/ATTACH]

Love the butterflies!!!!

Kyia

Kyiav10 09-24-2012 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug (Post 5486380)
Finished FMQ'ing my quilt. I am so nervous..trying the leah day method...sorta...I sewed around the edges...and then put it in the washer/ wool setting. The batting is alpaca....fingers crossed...I have head it really shinks...I will hand dry it than bind. I have neve washed before binding before...I hope I don't ruin this quilt...oh...and my cats won't even go near this quilt they hate the smell of the batting. Hoping the smell goes away in the wash.

How did your quilt turn out?

Kyia

Kyiav10 01-17-2013 12:54 AM

Here is my new list. Boy am I slow!!!!

1. 4th of July (top)

2. OBW (one of many that is in the quilting process)

3. Log Cabin (sandwiched, waiting to be quilted)

4. Blue block quilt (one of many in the quilting process)

5. Floral Quilt (last of them together and sanwiched, waiting to be quilted)

6. Bargello (partly pieced)

7. Pin Wheel (HST's done)

8. Fall blocks (from swap)

9. Butterfly blocks (leftover from other quilt)

10. Warm Wishes (piecing project)

11. OBW 2 (piecing project)

12. Diagonal Strip quilt (currently quilting - due for 2013 graduation)

13. Breast Cancer blocks (center of top complete - have to do borders yet)

Kyia