Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   WIP's and a SINCERE apology (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wips-sincere-apology-t94282.html)

sylvia77 01-29-2011 08:56 AM

IrishRose, I believe they do make a sewing machine needed that's slotted so it's easier to thread. I'll do some checking and let you know where to find them.

jojosnana 01-29-2011 12:33 PM

I think of it as a form of multi-tasking.

penski 01-29-2011 02:27 PM

i am not in the WIP stage yet i finish a quilt before starting another but i am starting to lean to the WIP but i take a deep breath and move on !!!

quiltcrazylady 01-29-2011 02:37 PM

Here is a tip for threading those tiny eyed needles.......if you are using white thread to quilt with, hold the needle above a piece of black cloth. The thread will stand out and it should make it easier to see the eye of the needle. I hope this helps. It has helped me a time or two.

cheryl rearick 01-29-2011 10:06 PM

((((hugs)))) for sharing your true feelings. :)

Annz 01-29-2011 10:32 PM

Now you are a true quilter.

Rose_P 01-29-2011 10:56 PM

Aside to the people having trouble threading needles: I have cataracts and will eventually get the surgery when they're bad enough. Mag-eyes have solved a whole lot of problems for me. I put them on every time I thread a needle or need to unstitch, and can do both more easily than I could 30 years ago. I keep them right next to me whenever I sew. They work with glasses or without. As for WIPS, I can't remember a time when I didn't have several, but I usually get them done eventually. As long as you figure this is a hobby and an art, there is no sense in making yourself work on something that isn't bringing out your inner muse at the moment (but be careful about making promises!). If I never finished anything, I'd look for a different hobby, however.

katigirl 01-30-2011 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by pamkasperi
When I first started on this board back in December I thought what the heck is a WIP - and then someone explained it to me....then I thought "how on earth can you have more than one project at a time going on" - just finish the one you were working on before moving to the next.

Well....I currently have 7 WIP's...in various forms and stages and abandonded for various reason - I need binding...I need a strap for the tote bag; I ran out of that color thread; I got bored.....

So here it is I'M SORRY....I'm sorry for silently chastising all of you for your WIP's and thinking you were crazy for not finishing what you started before you began something else. I'M SORRY....I have officially joined the ranks of WIP Woman!!! (in more ways than one!) :lol:

Now you not only have wips but also ufos. :)

quilterguy27 02-01-2011 03:09 PM

I'm a WIPper, she's a WIPper, He's a WIPper, wouldn't you like to be a WIPper too? LOL. I have 3 of my own and 3 I bought. One day I will get them done. By then, I will probably have more. It's never ending isn't it!!! It's the life of a quilter.

MCarleneM 02-01-2011 03:13 PM

I have so many WIP's, UFO's, etc., etc. (whatever you want to call them). I have projects for every holiday, child birth, anniversary gifts, and on and on. You guys make me feel so much better .... now I know I am not the "only one".