Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   WIP's and a SINCERE apology (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wips-sincere-apology-t94282.html)

BETTY62 01-26-2011 10:01 PM

I always wanted a pet pig and never lived where I could have one but, since I got into quilting, I have several laying on the bed in my guest bedroom!

The Creative Seamstress 01-26-2011 10:07 PM

LOL, welcome to our fresh H.E. Double Hockey Sticks ;) We've all been down here sweating for years... it's nice to see some new comers :-D down here. Congratulations on joining the ranks. I promise, there will be many, many more of these. These WIP's and/or UFO's - as I've said in a previous thread are expressions of creativity that have been birthed but not yet born. Once day, they will be born and will come into the light with specific purpose, and be the vision of completion you desire!

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress

Chele 01-27-2011 04:26 AM

Quilters know how to have fun don't they?

abdconsultant 01-27-2011 05:08 AM

You mean I did't invent WIP ?

Enchanted Quilter 01-27-2011 05:31 AM

WIP'S are a quilters BEST FRIEND

StitchinJoy 01-27-2011 05:36 AM

Now the hardest thing is too recognize when there are TOO MANY, and you need to either finish some, pass them on to someone else, or just throw them out.

That's the point I am at right now. I have 14 UFOs and WIPs and no room for more. And yet I am temted by new patterns every day. It's a dilemma.

bevysue57 01-27-2011 05:41 AM

Ah, so many quilt patterns..so little time. Hence forth WIPs.

LoveBug 01-27-2011 05:44 AM

If I didn't have WIPs, I could never justify my fabric stash. I have more than 30 WIPs, not to mention all the projects in my head that led to the purchase of fabric in the first place. :)

quiltingaz 01-27-2011 05:51 AM

I was going to say "only 14" but I think I got beat out by 30. Mine is more like about 20. But I am going to wittle that down to 10 this year and I AM keeping that resolution! LOL

TootieAnn 01-27-2011 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by pamkasperi
When I first started on this board back in December I thought what the heck is a WIP - and then someone explained it to me....then I thought "how on earth can you have more than one project at a time going on" - just finish the one you were working on before moving to the next.

Well....I currently have 7 WIP's...in various forms and stages and abandonded for various reason - I need binding...I need a strap for the tote bag; I ran out of that color thread; I got bored.....

So here it is I'M SORRY....I'm sorry for silently chastising all of you for your WIP's and thinking you were crazy for not finishing what you started before you began something else. I'M SORRY....I have officially joined the ranks of WIP Woman!!! (in more ways than one!) :lol:

Welcome to the club! I live about 50 miles from anything related to quilt shopping so if I need anything I either have to plan to get it while I'm out or plan another shopping trip or order it. So...if I find I can't do one thing, I try to find something else to do with what I have until I can get what I need to do the other project. Hence, several WIPs which can sometimes become UFOs...but that's another subject. I got very excited one day just before Christmas on finding that my husband had to travel close to LQS for work. So I sent him with a list. The LQS owner laughed and said "I see you have a list". She graciously helped him and he came home with exactly what I asked for. I was happy!