Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wish I could see the contents :( (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wish-i-could-see-contents-t64759.html)

quilt3311 09-16-2010 03:58 PM

If I can't see inside, I don't buy.

quilt3311 09-16-2010 03:59 PM

If I can't see inside, I don't buy.

galvestonangel 09-16-2010 04:31 PM

I would not buy a magazine if I couldn't see what was inside. I bet they loose a lot of sales for that.

Annz 09-16-2010 04:44 PM

Yea anything that I can't see before I buy it makes me think long before I buy it.

annette1952 09-16-2010 06:28 PM

I agree with most of you. I used to buy about 4 or 5 magazines a month. I don't anymore because of the plastic. I wouldn't buy anything without seeing it first & that includes magazines. I don't have a problem buying them if there is something inside I want. As to the people that tear pages out I think that is terrible. Seems like the stores could arrest you for that because that is just plain stealing. I am emailing some of the magazines also to put in my 2 cents for what it's worth.

marlene tarzwell 09-16-2010 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Cheriefaye2008
You are not the only one. I'm still a beginner at quilting and the magazines are kinda pricey for me to buy without knowing if the patterns are going to be too advanced for me. Even if I love the quilt on the cover, I usually won't buy it unless it says right there that it's an EASY quilt or great for beginners.

I agree totally with you, I am new at it too! Marlene

lclang 09-16-2010 07:43 PM

I will not purchase any magazine wrapped in plastic. I also am dropping my subscriptions to most of the quilting mags because they have had such dismal patterns. I have a good library of my own and belong to a guild with an extensive library so I don't need their expensive magazines that are now full of advertising and stuff for sale rather than new quilt patterns.

MNM 09-16-2010 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
I was out shopping yesterday and saw a few new magazine issues - and they were sealed in plastic so you could not leaf through them. .... so I figured I could check online... but nooOOOOoooo.... Fons and Porter doesn't show preview pics

There were 2 other magazines that were wrapped up in plastic and I forgot which ones they were....

I always like to leaf through them to see if I want them - and on occasion I've bought them - although I'm still upset that I actually misplaced one I bought 2 winters ago and now I'm ready to make the project and can't find it lol. I'm determined to find that magazine!!!

Is anyone else annoyed that you can't see a preview of the quilts inside a magazine?? I can't be the only one...

Is it a Fons and Porter mag that you are looking for?? If I don't have it I am sure someone on here will have it. I have all my back Fons and Porter mags. MNM

PKITTY1 09-16-2010 09:11 PM

I also fret about the plastic. In this economy, you would think they would forget about the plastic. It justs makes the magazine more expensive to make.

angelanicole 09-16-2010 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by UglyCook
I wonder if they went to that because people were ripping out the pages they wanted? Just a thought.

Probably and may be for sure. I hate buying a quilting mag that is NOT in a plastic bag. You can tell that they have been looked through (dog ears) and indeed ripped out pages.