Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wonder Clips - is there a difference between Clover and other brands? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wonder-clips-there-difference-between-clover-other-brands-t280588.html)

Onebyone 07-20-2016 04:58 AM

I can tell the difference in the springs. There are counterfeit Clover brands so be sure you get what you pay for: https://cloverusa.wordpress.com/2015...-wonder-clips/

ManiacQuilter2 07-20-2016 05:15 AM

I was wondering the same thing. I bought Clover clips and I liked them so much, I bought the box of 50 when notions were on sale at JAF. My Clover clips are stamped Japan and I think the quality is much better than items made in China.

silliness 07-20-2016 06:48 AM

I got a package of counterfeit wonder clips from amazon that were marketed as clover wonder clips (third party seller, fullfilled by amazon). The quality difference was very evident. They didn't have the same spring. It was too tight. A couple broke right away. They had sharp spots where the plastic wasn't cut correctly. This would catch on the fabric. The color was off. I returned them. I am leary to buy the off brands because of this experience.

Maggie_Sue 07-20-2016 08:40 AM

I had no idea there were counterfeit Clover clips, after closer inspection mine are counterfit!!!! One spring recently broke, that explains it!!!

leaha 07-20-2016 10:00 AM

I got the clover clips pkg of 50 from Nancy's notions, then got some larger ones at Paducah quilt show, they have klipit on top of color, so far no problems with either, so love them for binding!

Quilting Nonnie 07-20-2016 10:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I actually use a totally different product which I think does just a good job. And it's very inexpensive. I found that I can buy clips that you use to hold back your hair. They are the type that you press on the center and it opens or closes. I buy them at a dollar store for 20 for one buck! I've used them to hold my binding on the quilt before I sew it. I've used them to hold sets of blocks together. They are great![ATTACH=CONFIG]554332[/ATTACH]

Onebyone 07-20-2016 11:09 AM

Quilting Nonnie;7606617]I actually use a totally different product which I think does just a good job. And it's very inexpensive. I found that I can buy clips that you use to hold back your hair. They are the type that you press on the center and it opens or closes. I buy them at a dollar store for 20 for one buck! I've used them to hold my binding on the quilt before I sew it. I've used them to hold sets of blocks together. They are great
I use to use these and they do the job but the Wonder Clips are so much better.

AZ Jane 07-21-2016 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie (Post 7606617)
I actually use a totally different product which I think does just a good job. And it's very inexpensive. I found that I can buy clips that you use to hold back your hair. They are the type that you press on the center and it opens or closes. I buy them at a dollar store for 20 for one buck! I've used them to hold my binding on the quilt before I sew it. I've used them to hold sets of blocks together. They are great![ATTACH=CONFIG]554332[/ATTACH]

I was just going to jump in and say the same thing. Strangely I started using these at the corners of my binding because they hold so much better than the little red ones. I get the bigger ones for corners (there are specialty ones just for quilting or the ones for thicker hair), use the little red ones down the sides.

ladydukes 07-21-2016 06:28 AM

I have the Clover brand for the small ones and another off-brand and I cannot tell the difference, and there's quite a savings elsewhere.

annette1952 07-21-2016 07:58 AM

I haven't noticed any difference in the quality either. I use them all the time & I have Clover & another brand I bought off from Ebay really cheap. Both are great!