Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wonder Clips - What size suits you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wonder-clips-what-size-suits-you-t286609.html)

Dolphyngyrl 03-06-2017 08:25 PM

I think people are confusing the miniclips with the regular sized ones on here. The minis are for piecing, they have a tighter hold so are perfect for piecing. They are too small for binding. I like the regular clips for binding. I do use the large for clipping thick items

Mariposa 03-06-2017 08:30 PM

I have the large, and some smaller ones too. I think I will try the minis as well. :)

Austinite 03-06-2017 08:45 PM

I use the red ones for piecing and for my French fold binding all the time. I have the big green ones that I use for satin blanket binding. I love clover clips. I use both sizes when I make bags too, bags have tons of layers with the interfacing and clips just work better.

sewbizgirl 03-06-2017 09:17 PM

I'm a pin girl. Old habits die hard. I just can't see why anyone would prefer a big clunky gadget over a small sleek little pin. The clips' cost is ridiculous, too. Pins are cheap, and so easy to manipulate.

Maureen NJ 03-07-2017 03:23 AM

I love the mini clips for binding. Works great. Easily adjustible. You only need 10 or so to do a section at a time. I also use them for holding pieced items together after I have sewn them but before being joined. I can hold about 10 pieces. I may get the large clips soon.

WMUTeach 03-07-2017 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by thrums (Post 7778877)
I was looking through Keepsake Quilts today and saw an add for the Clover mini-clips. A suggested use was to use instead of pins. I can see where Clover clips would be useful with binding but are the mini-clips large enough to manage and hold the binding?

Wonder Clips - What size suits you?

Thanks.

I use the minis and they work beautifully for binding. I only have one package, 8 units, and I never need more. Now, I also have friends that have a box of them and they like that. It is all up to you and your style of quilting. Enjoy them. They are one of my favorite little tools. Oh, and they make great cat toys. Beware they will disappear after 2 minutes of chase, hide and recover. :o

twinkie 03-07-2017 04:13 AM

My dear hubby made my wonder clips by cutting the little pant clips off of the new small pant hangers you get with some Walmart clothing. They are great for closing bags of chips, pretzels and pastas also. He is so creative.

Joset 03-07-2017 04:38 AM

i use them all the time. i really like them

jmoore 03-07-2017 04:44 AM

I use the smaller clips when hand sewing my binding and I have also used them for some piecing. They have a 1/4 inch space before they grab. My DH accidentally purchased some minis with a dolphin nose clip rather than the squared version and I use them when machine stitching binding on baby quilts.

tessagin 03-07-2017 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by twinkie (Post 7779232)
My dear hubby made my wonder clips by cutting the little pant clips off of the new small pant hangers you get with some Walmart clothing. They are great for closing bags of chips, pretzels and pastas also. He is so creative.

OMG1 great minds think alike. I do that also.