Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wonder Clips - What size suits you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wonder-clips-what-size-suits-you-t286609.html)

luvstoquilt 03-07-2017 05:06 AM

I love my mini clips. I think they are minis...about 1 " long and perfect for binding. I haven't bought any bigger ones and am not sure what I would use them to do?

Onebyone 03-07-2017 05:38 AM

The small ones (mini) are the red wonder clips but now come in different colors. They are perfect for binding. They don't fall off, don't prick, and if I drop one easy to find. I don't think they are expensive considering the value and quality. I haven't had one clip break so far.

citruscountyquilter 03-07-2017 05:40 AM

I use the small ones mostly. I got an assortment of the clips from Amazon. They are not Clover brand and were much less expensive. With the assortment you can choose which size you like best. The container says "Super Clips" and there were 20 large ones and 50 small ones. The are different colors which make them fun too.

patchwork 03-07-2017 05:45 AM

Try looking on Amazon, much better price than In quilting magazines. They are handy. I was quilting with plastic and can't use pins but the clips held until I got thru the seam.

carolynjo 03-07-2017 06:20 AM

I have a jar full of the hair clips. They hold the binding down just beautifully.

ShirlinAZ 03-07-2017 08:14 AM

I love my mini wonder clips. What size for binding? I would say that depends on what size binding you prefer. I generally do very narrow binding - 1/4" on each side - so the mini clips work great. If you like wider binding you may prefer the larger clips. I started by buying a small pack, decided I liked them, so bought more. I have enough now to go around a queen size quilt (or several throws) and I plan to buy more.

JanieH 03-07-2017 08:57 AM

I like the regular size for bindings and some projects. My BFF gave me some minis for Christmas and I have been using them in holding the fabric on 1/2" hexagons as I sew around them. I also like them for holding thinknesses of fabric together in purse/tote bag projects.

Quiltlady330 03-07-2017 12:58 PM

I use the little red ones but only on smaller projects. Enjoy not getting stuck while I'm binding. LOL

Innov8R 03-07-2017 01:47 PM

I use the red ones all the time. They are perfect for binding and very handy to hold small stacks of cut pieces together. I even write myself notes and attach the notes to my blocks with the clips. I also make doll clothes and sometimes I don't like to pin satins and fragile fabrics because I don't want to make pin holes. The clips are perfect! I use the little clips for a variety of little chores. I bought mine from Ebay for $1.79 per 20 pack (free shipping)and they compare very favorably to the ones that clover sells. I bought one pack and liked them so well I ordered 2 more packs. I also bought the larger size and use it a lot less.

Onebyone 03-07-2017 02:30 PM

I use to use the hair clips but they can't compare to the Wonder Clips to me. I threw the hair clips away. No one in the guild wanted them, we all use Wonder Clips.