Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   WOOOHOOO got something accomplished today lol (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wooohooo-got-something-accomplished-today-lol-t32405.html)

Mousie 12-29-2009 06:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
well, I am at the point if I don't keep it all organized, I can't possibly work.
I know that makes me a minority, but I have lots of stuff. I don't look down my nose at those that don't stay organized, bc I am that way, every other hour. It's a constant battle I tell you,...and yes, it does eat up quilting time.
I just can't create in craziness, and I am constantly making craziness as I create...it's a doggone vicious cycle!
Want an example?

This is only part of my sew-cave, and i am still cleaning and straightening, but shelves galore, have stuff neatly stacked, in other parts of room. will get around to posting more, one day :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]61722[/ATTACH]

Ellis' Granny B 12-29-2009 07:49 AM

Thank you for inspiration to move forward. I was blessed to have my neice want the beds in a guest room. That was my signal to create this as my sewing studio. The room is large, hard wood floors. three windows . I have started and it is so wonderful to have an organized room. It quiets my spirit and lets me fell creative, even if not yet :lol: My challenge is to use what I already have in the house to make this work without spending a fortune. I saw a wonderful folding quilting table for $400 and realized, I have an old oak table in the dinning room that does that!!! DH hleped me lug it upstairs and WOW this works for me. I will post pictures when it is completed.

QuiltingGrannie 12-29-2009 07:51 AM

I got my thread organized yesterday! Then spent the day with son, d-i-l and granddaughter before they went home. Today the Christmas decor is coming down and packed away. T H E N I can get back to my sewing room. I really want to get back in there, I'm having withdrawal..

zennia 12-29-2009 08:04 AM

Well I spent a lot of time cleaning and getting all my UFO organized for a challenge I am in. Got my list made and ready to go shopping at the joanns sale. Next week everything will be a big mess again. I try to be organized but sometimes its just does'nt work. Thank goodness I have a sewing room and can just close the door when i leave.

tucky46 12-29-2009 01:45 PM

hahaha...I can't get into my sewing room...have to get a bulldozer to help...or and organizing fairy

Tiffany 12-29-2009 01:46 PM

If it only took you a day to get organized, I'd say you don't have enough small scraps. Time to go shopping! ;) ;)

Originally Posted by tucky46
hahaha...I can't get into my sewing room...have to get a bulldozer to help...or and organizing fairy

Yeah, I can commiserate. My sewing room is a disaster and I'm supposed to have a group of 8 ladies coming over sometime next week for the first meeting of the Baby Jane Bee. :shock:

Boston1954 12-29-2009 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
Wow... I went into my sewing room... does that count??? lol
I'm impressed....congratualtions

It depends. How long did you actually stay in the room?

:lol:

pal 12-29-2009 02:49 PM

We had a water problem 2 days before Christmas. I bent down to get something out of a drawer and when I stood up
my knee's were soaked. We had to take 16" out of my wall from floor to ceiling. Everything is piled up all over the basement, the carpet was soaked, etc. The faucet had been
dripping for who knows how long. Just worried about my stash stinking.............woe is me....oh, and the oven konked out while Christmas dinner was cooking. My sewing room looks like Who did it and ran?

Tiffany 12-29-2009 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by pal
We had a water problem 2 days before Christmas. I bent down to get something out of a drawer and when I stood up
my knee's were soaked. We had to take 16" out of my wall from floor to ceiling. Everything is piled up all over the basement, the carpet was soaked, etc. The faucet had been
dripping for who knows how long. Just worried about my stash stinking.............woe is me....oh, and the oven konked out while Christmas dinner was cooking. My sewing room looks like Who did it and ran?

Oh no! Make sure to wash any fabric that got wet so that no mold grows on it. I just learned there is a natural mold that loves to grow on cotton fabric. No sense encouraging it. ;) I hope your faucet & the basement are set to right soon.

Sparky 12-29-2009 03:44 PM

I'm doing this instead of organizing