Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Working my way OUT of a DISASTER (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/working-my-way-out-disaster-t242353.html)

MaryKatherine 03-02-2014 08:51 AM

Working my way OUT of a DISASTER

2 Attachment(s)
The first of February , my brain shut down and I happily quilted for a day on my LA and then I woke up to a dog's breakfast. I had thought covering a simple batik quilt with some imaginary? ethnic symbols would be lovely. It wasn't. On March 1, I finished UN QUILTING the whole thing. I really only could stand unpicking for about 2 hours a day. But it was done.
Today I separated the pieces, picked out more threads and threw everything into the washer and dryer. I reasoned batiks are rewet many times during their creation so they were as shrunk as they could get. Then I figured I may as well preshrink the batting.
Happily I can say that everything is fine. The holes all closed up and I'm ready to try again. I guess I'm stubborn, but I couldn't see wasting the quilt. It took a long time but for those who might be faced with a similar disaster, it can be done.
I enclosed a few pics to show the potential damage I thought I was stuck with. Never give up! Never surrender!
MaryKatherine

helou 03-02-2014 08:57 AM

How patient and determine you are. Good for you. You will be more satisfied once it's finished. Beautiful pattern and colors!

MaryMo 03-02-2014 09:03 AM

I commend you for your persistence .... Congratulations! It is a beautiful quilt ... so glad you didn't give up on it.

MartiMorga 03-02-2014 09:12 AM

Hip hip hooray! You deserve medal for not surrendering. I am so happy for you, it is a beautiful quilt!

michelleoc 03-02-2014 09:14 AM

The quilt is beautiful, and you are to be commended on your patience. I probably would have thrown the quilt, the frame, the machine, and then myself out a window.

JoyceHoopes 03-02-2014 09:17 AM

I'm with michelleoc on that one. Since you are so good with disasters, may I send you a few of mine to correct??? Joyce in DE

RedGarnet222 03-02-2014 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by JoyceHoopes (Post 6604973)
I'm with michelleoc on that one. Since you are so good with disasters, may I send you a few of mine to correct??? Joyce in DE

Ha ha ha ... Ditto here!

QuiltE 03-02-2014 10:27 AM

Hey there MaryK ... I was thinking of you last night when I was DSM FMQing ... yup, you know what I was
thinking and it was not about this quilt!! :)

Are you going to go back and do those same motifs? You know I liked them, but agreed that like in real estate it's all about location, location, location!!!! :D So much work ... and now onwards to a stunning finish, in a different way! :)

cowgirlquilter 03-02-2014 10:30 AM

Wow you are a trooper, girl. Congrats on your consistency!!!!! It will be stunning!!!!!!!

AnnieSue 03-02-2014 10:35 AM

I admire your determination! I'm going to keep this lesson in mind.