Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The worst mistake you ever made{quilting}? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/worst-mistake-you-ever-made%7Bquilting%7D-t104667.html)

pollyjvan9 03-05-2011 10:42 AM

My worst mistake? Had to be stopping in the middle of a one block wonder for about 3 months. When I went back to it I could not remember what in the world I was doing. Had rows pinned on design wall but still could not get them to come out right. Finally just gave up put it all in the scrap bag. One day I will start another OBW but will work until it is done!

jpthequilter 03-05-2011 12:08 PM

Ask

Originally Posted by Pollyv9
My worst mistake? Had to be stopping in the middle of a one block wonder for about 3 months. When I went back to it I could not remember what in the world I was doing. Had rows pinned on design wall but still could not get them to come out right. Finally just gave up put it all in the scrap bag. One day I will start another OBW but will work until it is done!

Ask here....look for a link to a tutorial for whatever you want to make....!

kem77 03-05-2011 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Pollyv9

I would have probably had to do that after only one week. I have a bad short term memory. :lol: :?:

Dee 03-05-2011 08:39 PM

I have been working on this hex quilt top 4 years. I was trimming threads and - you guessed it-I cut a slit in one of the blocks that has the embroidery already attached. I was so frustrated. I will not rip anymore on this. I think I'll fold it up and forget it.

lclang 03-05-2011 08:55 PM

I guess the most glaring error I made was that I made a scrap star quilt. The scraps looked so.... um dull with a white or ecru background so I decided to cheer it up a bit with yellow. WOW... that thing is so bright it would keep you awake at night. A little yellow is wonderful, but not a lot! Nevertheless, I like the quilt top but have not been able to get myself to quilt it yet....someday maybe!

katigirl 03-06-2011 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by kem77
I am entruley in need of a laugh today? I am in a delema on this dumb Quilt I have been working on. My head is in all the wrong upsetting mode of life because of this fustration. I am just needing a few laughs to know that I am not the only one in this world . Thank you.

Took a mystery class and sewed together 192 half square triangles with the wrong sides together and didn't realise it till they were all done. Took 2 1/2 days six months later to take it apart and put it together right. I call it second chance and decided it was mine to keep. lol.

postal packin' mama 03-06-2011 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by lclang
I guess the most glaring error I made was that I made a scrap star quilt. The scraps looked so.... um dull with a white or ecru background so I decided to cheer it up a bit with yellow. WOW... that thing is so bright it would keep you awake at night. A little yellow is wonderful, but not a lot! Nevertheless, I like the quilt top but have not been able to get myself to quilt it yet....someday maybe!

Pictures -- we want pictures, please!

bdsmith 03-06-2011 10:29 AM

love these blogs- makes me feel so much better about all of my mistakes-design opportunities! get laugh on a rough weekend

Jennifer22206 03-06-2011 11:48 AM

Lets see.. I've been quilting about 11 years now, and I've done almost all of them. What I have done multiple times is: cut through a block, trimmed too much off a block, sewn without bobbin thread (you'd think I'd learn), snip too far into the backing fabric.

After a while, you get really creative with labels. :)

Margie 03-06-2011 05:20 PM

Pffffffffffffft I could never pick one, I make them all repeatedly.