Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is this worth it? - Inner Circle Newsletter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/worth-inner-circle-newsletter-t12689.html)

quiltsRfun 10-29-2008 10:22 AM

Just wondering if anybody has comments on this. It's from allpeoplequilt.com and is about $70 for the year. Has anybody tried this? If so, what was your experience like? Do you think it was worth it? I'm trying to decide whether or not to sign up.

The Premiere Edition of the Inner Circle Newsletter is about to be sent out, and I don't want you to miss out on our club membership!

Say "yes" today, and you'll get exclusive insider access to my behind-the-scenes updates, sneak peeks at upcoming issues, first looks at the hottest new projects and color trends and much more.

But that's not all -- I also have a very limited number of FREE gift boxes left, and I want to send one to you!

Quilt4u 10-29-2008 10:34 AM

Do you know them? 70.00$ Sounds to high a price. Sounds more like a scam to me. Watch out. Befor I sign up I would do some home work. You could buy 2 or 3 books for that price.

mary quite contrary 10-29-2008 10:38 AM

I'm skeptical

quiltsRfun 10-29-2008 10:44 AM

I forgot to mention that the gift box is supposed to be worth $100 and they say they'll send you new products to try throughout the year.

MsSage 10-29-2008 10:53 AM

My Grandma always said if it sounds too good to be true then it is.....

I have found that the "gifts" tend to be a lot less than what they say.

pocoellie 10-29-2008 02:07 PM

I'm too tight with my money to spend $70, unless I know what I'm getting. I might spend it on fabric but it would be fabric that I picked out not someone else. I wouldn't spend it on magazines, or such, especially when you can get tons of free blocks on the net. My 2 cents worth.

Moonpi 10-29-2008 02:23 PM

Seems high to me, too

sandpat 10-29-2008 03:12 PM

I think I got a teaser mailer from them one time. I decided not to sign up...thats a lot of fabric money and you don't know what you are getting.

Debra Mc 11-03-2008 12:18 PM

I got this same offer in the mail because I subscribe to their magazine also in this month's magazine the same offer is there. I thought about it but $70.00 a year is a lot of money. The $100.00 worth of free gifts is usually junk you already have or don't want. I think they say you get to try new stuff but they are few and far between. It's like Cooking Club Of America, at first you get sent stuff and then suddenly they drop you like a hot potato. I'm with the rest of the crew. It's a lot of money and you could buy something you really want with that much.

mrs theo 11-03-2008 01:12 PM

I did sign up for this. However, they're having a deal right now where you can sign up for $49.95 or thereabouts. I received a Quilter's Calendar 2009, a one year Quilt Magazine (I think it's Fons & Porter, not sure right now). I also received a tote bag, patterns for every quilt on the calendar and a hardcover book that has a whole collection of the quilts done for breast cancer awareness and all of the patterns to go with them. For what it's worth, I thought it was a great deal.