Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Is this worth it? - Inner Circle Newsletter

Blog Entries
    Just wondering if anybody has comments on this. It's from allpeoplequilt.com and is about $70 for the year. Has anybody tried this? If so, what was your experience like? Do you think it was worth it? I'm trying to decide whether or not to sign up.

The Premiere Edition of the Inner Circle Newsletter is about to be sent out, and I don't want you to miss out on our club membership!

Say "yes" today, and you'll get exclusive insider access to my behind-the-scenes updates, sneak peeks at upcoming issues, first looks at the hottest new projects and color trends and much more.

But that's not all -- I also have a very limited number of FREE gift boxes left, and I want to send one to you!

Blog Entries
    Do you know them? 70.00$ Sounds to high a price. Sounds more like a scam to me. Watch out. Befor I sign up I would do some home work. You could buy 2 or 3 books for that price.

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    I'm skeptical

Blog Entries
    I forgot to mention that the gift box is supposed to be worth $100 and they say they'll send you new products to try throughout the year.

My Grandma always said if it sounds too good to be true then it is.....

I have found that the "gifts" tend to be a lot less than what they say.

I'm too tight with my money to spend $70, unless I know what I'm getting. I might spend it on fabric but it would be fabric that I picked out not someone else. I wouldn't spend it on magazines, or such, especially when you can get tons of free blocks on the net. My 2 cents worth.

Seems high to me, too

Blog Entries
    I think I got a teaser mailer from them one time. I decided not to sign up...thats a lot of fabric money and you don't know what you are getting.

I got this same offer in the mail because I subscribe to their magazine also in this month's magazine the same offer is there. I thought about it but $70.00 a year is a lot of money. The $100.00 worth of free gifts is usually junk you already have or don't want. I think they say you get to try new stuff but they are few and far between. It's like Cooking Club Of America, at first you get sent stuff and then suddenly they drop you like a hot potato. I'm with the rest of the crew. It's a lot of money and you could buy something you really want with that much.

I did sign up for this. However, they're having a deal right now where you can sign up for $49.95 or thereabouts. I received a Quilter's Calendar 2009, a one year Quilt Magazine (I think it's Fons & Porter, not sure right now). I also received a tote bag, patterns for every quilt on the calendar and a hardcover book that has a whole collection of the quilts done for breast cancer awareness and all of the patterns to go with them. For what it's worth, I thought it was a great deal.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Mrs. Theo. The Inner Circle is different from the Fons & Porter one. I checked that out too and think F&P is a better deal. Still trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge.

That sounds like a great deal...where did you find it? Margie

That sounds like a great deal...where did you find it? Margie

I've been debating signing up for this one as well. I see if available for about $50, but I don't know if it will be worth it in the end. I do, however, think that the Think Pink book would be very cool to have...

:-)

Blog Entries
    before deciding, check out their FAQ answers:

http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/innercircle/faq.html

1. membership period is 9/25/08 - 10/31/09, no matter when you join. that means if you sign up now, you'll only get 10 months.
    2. only the first 2,000 people to sign up get the "free " calendar and patterns. therefore, signing up in hopes of getting that part of the package is a gamble.
    3. do you really need a poster? would you ever pay $13.95 for one?
    4. in reqard to the "pink book", they say it includes "idea" for 50 blocks. does that mean actual patterns? doesn't say.
    5. what is a "project bag" and is it worth $29.99?
    6. "opportunities" to buy kits? so ... you'd be paying for the privilege of spending more money?

personally, i'd pass on this one because there's nothing on the list i'd ever buy seperately. BUT a person who does buy magazines, patterns and kits regularly will probably save money in the longrun.

i hope mrs theo will keep us posted to let us know whether or not she is pleased with her membership. :wink:

There is a book called "Quilt Pink for Hope". That book was put together by Better Homes and Gardens in 2006 I think it was. You can get it at any book store, and like you said about the book offering it does have 50 patterns in it. It might be the same book, if it is you can look it up on amazon here http://www.amazon.com/Quilt-Pink-Bet.../dp/0696237334. I talked about it here on the board http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/10614.page