Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Would this book cover catch your eye? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/would-book-cover-catch-your-eye-t147529.html)

MTS 09-06-2011 11:43 AM

A prodigy.

A GORGEOUS prodigy.

wildyard 09-06-2011 11:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
lol she certainly did better than I am doing. Why don't my outlines look like my grandchildren to me? I see the likenesses in all the other photos and outlines, just not in my own. What am I doing wrong?

grammatjr 09-06-2011 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard
lol she certainly did better than I am doing. Why don't my outlines look like my grandchildren to me? I see the likenesses in all the other photos and outlines, just not in my own. What am I doing wrong?

Your pattern is really good. I think the new technique will help you even more. I will be sending the instructions for the new technique to those who have already volunteered to help me out (and you are one of those). I need to write up that chapter first! It was sort of a "duh" moment when I came up with this way to do it. Maybe you will be a little happier with the pattern done the new way.

BTW - beautiful little girl!

one-and-only 09-06-2011 03:50 PM

I think you are doing a great job, really anxious to see your book come out. I am sure it will be a big success.

Greenheron 09-06-2011 04:04 PM

Your granddaughter is a delicate, fair child. The heavy lines aren't able to convey her youth and lightness. Since children's noses aren't as heavily molded as adults, I think defining only the tip of her nose and nostrils would make it less mature looking. Ditto for the lines beside her mouth--accent the dimples and not the shadows.
A much thinner line would make reproducing the eyes more accurate and the upper eyelid is needed. Her real brows are almost invisible. I'm not sure how one would show them in this technique. Try a few very thin lines for the inner brows and just some wisps for the rest.

She is so beautiful, I can see how you would want to do her portrait.

wildyard 09-06-2011 05:16 PM

Thank you so much for your help Green Heron. I may revert to doing the flowers, LOL.
I have a picture of a green heron on my livingroom wall that my son photographed then had printed on canvas to look like a painting for me because I loved his photo so much!

Greenheron 09-06-2011 06:31 PM

Thank you so much for your help Green Heron. I may revert to doing the flowers, LOL.
I have a picture of a green heron on my livingroom wall that my son photographed then had printed on canvas to look like a painting for me because I loved his photo so much!

Don't give up.....

Loretta 09-25-2011 02:15 PM

# 2 is perfect. Don't like #1 or #3.

Maggie_Sue 09-25-2011 04:05 PM

Oh I am so enjoying this thread!!!!

one-and-only 09-25-2011 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Maggie_Sue
Oh I am so enjoying this thread!!!!

Oh! so am I! anxious to see what is coming next.