Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Would this book cover catch your eye? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/would-book-cover-catch-your-eye-t147529.html)

Phannie1 08-24-2011 01:33 PM

I think number 1. Maybe fade the photo a little more. That will be a great book.

MTS 08-24-2011 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by grammatjr
Do you think it does this on the back cover (page 2)? Or would you not even flip the book over, if the front cover was as shown?

I would put the back on the front. The photo/quilt/drawing lines all-in-one isn't doing it for me. It looks very Frankenstein-y to me.

I love the big blue quilt on the front, with a smaller inset of the photo. Maybe some of the diploma quilts on the back. Or flowers ;-) . Or some other motif.

I really think the quilt and photo will entice readers.
She's such a beautiful subject.

The only thing missing is the technique.
Make me buy the book (don't show me the cutting or anything else on the cover).

I'm going to be interested enough just from those 2 images.

It can't get easier.
I can see what I start with, and what I'm going to get.

You did people.
I immediately thought of flowers (when we have this conversation months ago).
You want to make it as universal as possible.

I don't think I'd (personally) do people.
But I love the idea of using the technique to create other images - whether they're flowers or landscapes or something else.
Show me some other options on the back.

grammatjr 08-24-2011 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by MTS

Do you think it does this on the back cover (page 2)? Or would you not even flip the book over, if the front cover was as shown?

I would put the back on the front. The photo/quilt/drawing lines all-in-one isn't doing it for me. It looks very Frankenstein-y to me.

I love the big blue quilt on the front, with a smaller inset of the photo. Maybe some of the diploma quilts on the back. Or flowers ;-) . Or some other motif.

I really think the quilt and photo will entice readers.
She's such a beautiful subject.
The only thing missing is the technique.
Make me buy the book.

Oh, no! Not Frankenstein! :-P

Sigh, I was kinda liking the opaque lift away thing. Hmmm.. will have to think about this.

I could do a diploma quilt, a wedding quilt, a baby quilt and a puppy dog quilt on the back.

lots2do 08-24-2011 01:45 PM

This is really exciting. Please keep us posted on the process.

MTS 08-24-2011 01:47 PM

I'm thrilled you're doing this. I think it's a great techniquie.

I don't know who your publisher is but they should be advising you that you usually need to get signed releases to use comments made by other people.

I'll give you a blanket one no problem (I'm honored you chose mine) :mrgreen:. Nor, I'm sure, would anyone else have a problem.

But in the world of publishing - when done correctly and legally - you can't just take a person's written word - even if it's on a public forum with funky ID names -and just use it again elsewhere without permission.

I'm sure you've seen "reposted with permission" tags. Although, admittedly, rarely on this site. :roll:

CYT.
Cover your tuchis.

grammatjr 08-24-2011 01:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Were you thiking something along this line?

cover 5
[ATTACH=CONFIG]246340[/ATTACH]

MTS 08-24-2011 01:53 PM

Were you thiking something along this line?

Bigger quilt. The photo doesn't need to be close to the same size.
We'll get it.

grammatjr 08-24-2011 02:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
like this?

cover 6
[ATTACH=CONFIG]246348[/ATTACH]

MTS 08-24-2011 02:23 PM

like this?

Why, yes, I do. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Susie Quilter 08-24-2011 02:33 PM

Oh my....I like this one too.....lol