Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Would this be weird? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/would-weird-t151903.html)

Pieceful Quilter 09-11-2011 10:52 AM

I love it!

Margot 09-11-2011 10:54 AM

I think a great idea, we have more certain in life is death. I want to be cremated.

GrannieAnnie 09-11-2011 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by deedum
My dh and I decided we would buy our tombstone together and not leave this task to our children. He is going to put his USMC emblem or such on it and suggested I could put a little sewing machine or quilt on my corner. I like the idea but is this weird?

A tombstone is personal. YOU chose what you want on it. To me, it would be weird to let someone else chose.

Which reminds me-------------I need to get mine done one of these days.

It'sJustMe 09-11-2011 11:00 AM

I think it's sweet, charming, touching.

quilting grammy 09-11-2011 11:01 AM

NO, IT IS NO WEIRD.

supergma 09-11-2011 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
We are planning to do the same. My parents (still living) have theirs on the plots already. They also blessed us with the gift of pre-planning their funeral. That takes care of everything, even transporting to the cemetery, which is in another state. I hope to be able to do that for our children, but will need to wait until our youngest is out of college and independent of us.

Another thing our family has started doing is including on the back of the stone 'Proud Parents of...' and including all the children's names. This will aid in geneology research at some later time.

Being one who does geneology research, I tip my hat to your family. I am seeing more ane more markers that include the children's names.

EllijaysUFOqueen 09-11-2011 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by deedum
My dh and I decided we would buy our tombstone together and not leave this task to our children. He is going to put his USMC emblem or such on it and suggested I could put a little sewing machine or quilt on my corner. I like the idea but is this weird?

By all means you SHOULD do this. I think it is a wonderful idea. My hubby and I plan to be cremated and we have already picked out the urns. My daughter thinks it is hilarious but agrees with idea.

deb8746 09-11-2011 11:14 AM

I had to pick out my moms and dads and I put bluegrass instruments on it has a banjo in middle and others fan out from the banjo. My dad is still alive and he loves to go to cemeteries and check out unique head stones

deb8746 09-11-2011 11:16 AM

i would have a log cabin

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles
ok, the only question i have is what model sewingmachine and which quiltblock.......

question of the hour!!!!!!! what quilt block would you have on your tombstone......mine would be tumblingblock for sure.

my daughter would choose Storm-at-Sea

KarenR 09-11-2011 11:24 AM

Great idea! Why leave it to your kids.