Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   would you buy a bernina from ebay? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/would-you-buy-bernina-ebay-t65092.html)

SuziC 09-16-2010 02:18 PM

I have had good luck so far..and you seem to have checked out the seller, so why not?

ChubbyBunny 09-16-2010 02:19 PM

Yep. I've never had a negative experience on ebay. As long as the seller has good feedback and the comments are positive, go for it.

RedGarnet222 09-16-2010 02:32 PM

Which bernina are you looking at?

memathomas 09-16-2010 04:03 PM

i used square deal and all they die was take my money on a lap top but the seller stood by it and help me out

e bay is good but use pay pal

mema

Jim's Gem 09-16-2010 04:04 PM

I bought my Bernina off of E-Bay about 3 1/2 years ago. Great machine. No, I do not have a warranty and if you are buying a used machine you will not either.

NancyG 09-16-2010 04:31 PM

I bought a Bernina off E-Bay. Made sure I asked all questions beforehand and checked feedback (100%). I feel I got a good deal....no problems. But I have to pay for the Bernina classes at the LQS, and they are kind of expensive. If you purchase one from your LQS, they give you the classes for free and probably throw in a 30 day warranty also. So if I could get the sewing machine from my LQS for not much over what I could get one on E-bay, I would do that, although my E-bay experience was a good one. You just need to weigh the options. If you don't need classes (say you've owned a Bernina before), then I wouldn't hesitate purchasing off E-bay, after checking out seller.

littlehud 09-16-2010 06:54 PM

I have nearly always had good experiences with buying on Ebay but I have never bought a sewing machine.

Suzan Larrimore 09-16-2010 07:33 PM

I recently bought mu Viking from ebay. While it's true I didn't get a warranty(because it was used)or classes because I didn't buy it from a dealer. I was able to get a really great price. The model I bought usually sells for about $1,700. used. I got mine for $895. I have also made friends at the local dealer and have been invited to share sewing time. So either way, I made a real bargin. I hope you can too.

lclang 09-16-2010 07:36 PM

I bought a Babylock off Ebay and the owner stated that she purhased two of them and they didn't do what she wanted.(apparently she wanted to use them like commercial embroidery machines). One had been opened and set up but the other was still in the original box and that's the one she sent me. Everything still packed up in plastic bags, styrofoam, etc. All attachments included. I paid less than half the price of a new machine of the same model and it is a wonderful machine. I have since purchased an additional extra large hoop with electronics in it and now I can do jacket backs.

lovequilts 09-16-2010 08:03 PM

I recently bought a Pfaff as a back up machine. LOVE IT....and was a quick great transaction. If it's the machine you want do for it.