Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: would you buy a bernina from ebay?

the seller has a 100% feedback with over 820 transaction; and sold other bernina's.
    warranty is out i'm sure
    he has a good rep for shipping well
    what are your thoughts?
    thanks in advance! :)
    this forum is filled with EXPERTS! :)
    a

Blog Entries
    I bought a Pfaff and had no problems whatsoever.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Yes, Berninas are fabulous machines and it sounds like you researched the seller well. Let us know if you do!!

Warranties don't transfer on used machines. Personally, if it were a big ticket item, I'd buy used from my local dealer. Many dealers throw in classes, extras etc.

send the seller an email and ask him how old it is and if there is still under warrenty and if it is running well.

Blog Entries
    I have had excellent transactions on ebay. As long as the dealer has a good feedback. They are businesses, they can't afford to risk everything on one sale. I have had bad purchases from LQS and they would not refund my money or fix the machine. With Paypal you are protected and will get your money back if its not just right.

Quote Originally Posted by grammiepamie
    send the seller an email and ask him how old it is and if there is still under warrenty and if it is running well.
    No warranty on used machines.

I bought a Pfaff at ebay and works wonderful. I have a Bernina too.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Toni Marie is absolutely correct. I'm an ebay seller but somehow I seem to be more of a buyer hahahaha

I have bought many things on eBay, including sewing machines. There are also after market warranties like Square Deal- just get a clear idea from the seller of what the sale consists of. Most of the sewing machine vendors on eBay (the regulars, not the people selling aunt millie's old machine) work hard to maintain their reputations and are happy to make sure you know what you are getting. I love eBay- buying and selling.

I have had good luck so far..and you seem to have checked out the seller, so why not?

Yep. I've never had a negative experience on ebay. As long as the seller has good feedback and the comments are positive, go for it.

Which bernina are you looking at?

i used square deal and all they die was take my money on a lap top but the seller stood by it and help me out

e bay is good but use pay pal

mema

I bought my Bernina off of E-Bay about 3 1/2 years ago. Great machine. No, I do not have a warranty and if you are buying a used machine you will not either.

I bought a Bernina off E-Bay. Made sure I asked all questions beforehand and checked feedback (100%). I feel I got a good deal....no problems. But I have to pay for the Bernina classes at the LQS, and they are kind of expensive. If you purchase one from your LQS, they give you the classes for free and probably throw in a 30 day warranty also. So if I could get the sewing machine from my LQS for not much over what I could get one on E-bay, I would do that, although my E-bay experience was a good one. You just need to weigh the options. If you don't need classes (say you've owned a Bernina before), then I wouldn't hesitate purchasing off E-bay, after checking out seller.

I have nearly always had good experiences with buying on Ebay but I have never bought a sewing machine.

I recently bought mu Viking from ebay. While it's true I didn't get a warranty(because it was used)or classes because I didn't buy it from a dealer. I was able to get a really great price. The model I bought usually sells for about $1,700. used. I got mine for $895. I have also made friends at the local dealer and have been invited to share sewing time. So either way, I made a real bargin. I hope you can too.

I bought a Babylock off Ebay and the owner stated that she purhased two of them and they didn't do what she wanted.(apparently she wanted to use them like commercial embroidery machines). One had been opened and set up but the other was still in the original box and that's the one she sent me. Everything still packed up in plastic bags, styrofoam, etc. All attachments included. I paid less than half the price of a new machine of the same model and it is a wonderful machine. I have since purchased an additional extra large hoop with electronics in it and now I can do jacket backs.

I recently bought a Pfaff as a back up machine. LOVE IT....and was a quick great transaction. If it's the machine you want do for it.