Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Would you pay $5 for a quilt raffle ticket? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/would-you-pay-%245-quilt-raffle-ticket-t158123.html)

Happy Linda 10-06-2011 05:59 AM

Not really. That's a little over the top with the economy like it is.

OmaForFour 10-06-2011 05:59 AM

Defiinitely for a cause like that! Would you please post a pic of the quilt? I may be interested in taking a raffle ticket long distance. I have been known to do this in the past.

jaly3162 10-06-2011 06:04 AM

We just had a raffle for the cancer. It was Eleanor Burn's Love Knots for a queen size bed. We charged $1.00 apiece or 6 for $5.00. We raised $1,700.00. Most people will do the 6 for $5.00 and they feel they are getting more for the money.

Drew 10-06-2011 06:07 AM

I, personally, wouldn't purchase a raffle ticket for $5. The raffle tickets we sell at the Guild are $1 each.

TexasGurl 10-06-2011 06:08 AM

You bet, I've paid that if I REALLY like the quilt or it's a good charity cause ... seen some that were 5 for $10, you might think about trying that, or 2 for $5 etc ? :)

countrycousin 10-06-2011 06:22 AM

Yes I would especially if it is for a charity I believe in. I paid that much for a ticket for a friend who had cancer.

gramquilter2 10-06-2011 06:23 AM

Yes, the cause would be more important to me that what the quilt looked like or how it was made.

vasallese 10-06-2011 06:24 AM

I would not pay $5 per ticket. People would be more willing to buy tickets if they cost less. The normal price in Maryland, at the shows I have been to, is $1 per ticket or 6 for $5. People get more chances to win the quilt. In these financial times, that is a much better deal. Good luck to your daughter, but please be kind to the folks who will be footing part of her bill. I do not mean to sound mean, but that is how I look at it. I have no children, so I am constantly being asked to buy things for other families, but I do not feel I am necesarily getting a good deal myself.

damaquilts 10-06-2011 06:31 AM

It would depend on the cause and whether it was the beginning of the month or not. If it were for a cause I believe in and I had the money sure would.

katastrofy1967 10-06-2011 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Suzanne in VT
I'm in the process of making a queen sized log cabin quilt with all Moda fabrics (Kansas Troubles) to raffle off for a fundraiser.

This will be the only thing raffled off and I am wondering how much to charge per ticket. I know I have bought tickets in the past that were like $2/each or 3 for $5, but am wondering what others out there pay.

This is for a mission trip that my daughter is going on with a group of students from Liberty University. It is expensive and we need to make as much as possible.

Would you pay $5 for a quilt raffle ticket? I'm thinking we could do $5/each or 3 for $10. I know personally I would pay that much for a ticket on a quilt that I loved (and also for a cause that I supported), but don't want to set this price if it is a really bad idea.

Your thoughts?