Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Would you want to have someone mention it to you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/would-you-want-have-someone-mention-you-t199024.html)

quiltstringz 08-29-2012 02:53 PM

I would want to know - then I can decide what I want to do. If not quilted fix it, if quilted - depends

bearisgray 08-29-2012 03:07 PM

One can say something like - that block seems to be pointing in a different direction that the others - is that intentional?

CarolinePaj 08-29-2012 03:23 PM

I would definately want to know!

But of course I would then say.... oh that..... that was intentional - LOL LOL LOL!

Hugs

Caroline

quiltingweb 08-29-2012 03:40 PM

Usually, I'm my own worst critic. I don't think I would point out a mistake to anyone, and I don't know I'd like to hear about mine...chances are I'll already know and tell you about it when I'm showing you my quilt. I have a baby quilt that my dear cousins and aunties made for one of my babies...the Z is backwards....and the only reason I know is because my mom's initials are in the top left and not the bottom right....LOVE IT! Mistakes make us human, how we deal with them make us unique.

LyndaOH 08-29-2012 03:43 PM

I'd like to know!

cad_queen_2000 08-29-2012 03:53 PM

Yes, tell me! Just say something like, "hey, how come that block is upside down?" Then I can say, "It put up a fight and wanted to show it's independence."

sewlisa 08-29-2012 04:52 PM

Oh yes! I would want to know. That way I could be sure to learn from it and do better next time.

Gramie bj 08-29-2012 06:18 PM

YES!!!m tell me! I am not now and never will be perfect but I keep trying.

earthwalker 08-29-2012 10:25 PM

Yes...tell me, then I'd fix it. I have no problem with constructive comments and I like to think I make positive progress with each quilt I make. Seems like many others have the same point of view. What I do mind, not so much for myself (hide like a rhino:)) is that some people take great delight in pointing out another's errors in a less than polite fashion. Don't know that you'd describe them as Quilt Police....just ill-mannered.

QuiltingCrazie 08-29-2012 11:27 PM

Mistakes are what make a quilt custom! I would want to know but I always recommend taking a picture of a top before you quilt it you would be surprised as the difference of what you can see in the picture, I always take several while I'm planning the layout it's amazing. I have a deeper question....what if it's the quilting that makes that ruins the quilt?? Do you say anything especially when you know the quilter and you know they consider themselves a top notch professional? You know they produce beautiful work so image the shock when they leave 10inch un quilted which makes all the blocks puff out and look like a wrinkled mess, different colored bobbin on part by mistake but left and uneven quilting all over? Represented a group gift to another quilter....I'm still in shock from it and we said nothing because no one could find the words.