Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Would you want to know if someone notices a flaw? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/would-you-want-know-if-someone-notices-flaw-t94818.html)

Taughtby Grandma 01-29-2011 03:32 PM

I don't see the flaw, I think it's beautiful

grannypat7925 01-29-2011 03:36 PM

If it's a big one I want to know. Every quilt has a little one or two I think, but only noticeable by the quilt police.

Nanamoms 01-29-2011 03:43 PM

I would prbably PM them so it would be private. In today's rush, it may be they didn't notice it!!

jitkaau 01-29-2011 04:16 PM

I think if you are prepared to show your work you should be prepared to accept the constructive/helpful criticism that it may receive. It is in this way that we improve our work and the status of the craft. It is only when the way the criticism is presented is rude or nasty that it is not serving any purpose and should be ignored. Someone telling you that your piece is out by 180 degrees is a statement of fact, not hurtful criticism, and can be acted upon to rectify the problem. As someone else has stated, if the binding on a quilt needs more work, I would want it pointed out to me so that I could make a better quilt.

jitkaau 01-29-2011 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt301
I would prolly want to know but would not fix it after it was all quilted. Here is one that took forever to make and a friend found a mistake when I put it on my blog.

It is staying there because I did heavy quilting. I still love it.

This is a case where you could put it down to deliberately leaving it out because of that "Only God is perfect" tradition. I like your quilt too and I wouldn't change it. I must say that you have achieved the naivete extremely well. Each time that I have attempted quilts such as these they either end up as something else or don't get finished because I can't keep it simple.

probles 01-29-2011 04:32 PM

I would not want to know if it was totally finished. If I was showing off a quilt top, then yes, please tell me.

yonnikka 01-29-2011 04:37 PM

I believe this decision revolves around what stage of completion the photo showed: if it was a single block, then I would report it immediately, while there's still time to make corrections by the quilter. If the photo showed a completed oroject, quilted with binding; then I would not mention it; it might serve no purpose but to create frustration. How welcome are such eagle-eye comments? Is the person ASKING for feedback?

sylvia77 01-29-2011 04:57 PM

If the quilt wasn't quilted, I'd want to know.

SherryLea 01-29-2011 05:32 PM

Thank You Feline I just could not fine it. It is a beautiful quilt and I think anyone would feel hornored to have it. If you do not ever make mistakes you are not doing anything!!!!

Janice Thompson 01-29-2011 05:50 PM

Remember, only GOD is perfect. As the Amish would say, that is my block of humility.