Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Would you want to know if someone notices a flaw? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/would-you-want-know-if-someone-notices-flaw-t94818.html)

Margaret61 01-29-2011 05:31 AM

As a person who is new to quilting .I have many that have flaws ..But Bottom line is ,I Live in a world where no one else quilts with me .Nor do they quilt for them selves .
But they are all very very critical. So i spend my time trying to apologize for it not being purfect. I once was told by an instructor that im too hard on myself . bottom Line is - if someone thinks they can do better - Then Please do it . I quilt for myself and my family. I just want to make memories for my children and family to remember me for.
Margaret

Camping Betty 01-29-2011 05:32 AM

Yes Yes I do this every time.

quilter68 01-29-2011 05:33 AM

Beautiful house quilt. Artistic choice of colors and arrangement.

It passed my inspection because I do not see anything misplaced.

p.s. And I was a Quality control inspecter in my other life. (work life)
p.p.s. Lucyinthesky You are a sweetheart. Would love to have you as a friend!

Camping Betty 01-29-2011 05:35 AM

I meant to say I take a photo every time of my quilt top before it is finished and some times during the making the top it saves a lot of ripping out

SherryLea 01-29-2011 05:52 AM

please some one tell me where the flaw is on ilovvtoquilts quilt i am going crazy looking for it.

Georgia Peach 01-29-2011 06:12 AM

I heard a quilter comment one time that she thinks that she should be Amish, because the Amish quilters always do something incorrect because no one but God is perfect. It's that unique project that make the quilt your own design and it's perfect the way it is.

hikingquilter 01-29-2011 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt301
I would prolly want to know but would not fix it after it was all quilted. Here is one that took forever to make and a friend found a mistake when I put it on my blog.

It is staying there because I did heavy quilting. I still love it.

It took a while to find and really, it looks like it was planned!
To answer the thread, I wouldn't comment on someone's work unless asked. And I KNOW where my own goofs are; they seem to glare at me.

glassnquilts 01-29-2011 06:18 AM

I don't have to worry about mine. My DH is a civil engineer. He can find the smallest flaw and points it out to me. He doesn't mean any harm he is just "being helpful".

Janet My 01-29-2011 06:24 AM

OK, I did not have time to read all of the comments.

I would want to know if there was an error. I posted a pic of my WIP and it wasn't until much later that I saw I had a HTS in wrong. No biggy but I found it. BTW this quilt is still a WIP as I had some major problem with my machine while sewing the rows together and I have to rip them all apart.

When we post pics. of WIP, maybe we should add... "If you see a mistake, please let me know".... or "I know there is a mistake & I'm going to or/not going to fix it."

I personally would not post a derogatory comment about someone's work.... we all know how much love and time goes into these. If you don't like it... skip on to the next post and keep your comment to yourself. There is someone here that does that all the time and my question is WHY???

tdgiffin 01-29-2011 06:24 AM

No