Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Yard Sale Find - What to use it for? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/yard-sale-find-what-use-t168735.html)

lfstamper 11-17-2011 07:24 PM

Hang things from the sides like tools, hoops, etc.

ssnare 11-17-2011 07:37 PM

I like it too!QUOTE=MoanaWahine;4691449]I like this idea. Great place to store items that are put together already.[/QUOTE]

nativetexan 11-17-2011 07:39 PM

I have my Australian Patchwork and quilting magazines in mine. well, one box/cube anyway. fabrics and stuff in the others.

KerryK 11-17-2011 07:44 PM

Y'all are absolutely the BEST! I just knew you would have some fabulous ideas, and you surely did not let me down! WONDERFUL ideas, just wonderful! And I thank you sooooooo much. I am going to implement as many of them as I can! Now I am wanting more of these things! Another yard sale, maybe??? (No such luck!) Blessings to all!

DebbE 11-17-2011 07:47 PM

Fabric, definitely. But the first thing I thought of was using something to hang quilting templates off the sides, too - or small rulers, hoops, etc. Great buy!

BarbaraSue 11-17-2011 07:51 PM

I would love to use it for batting and fiberfil that take up alot of space, but visible to know how much I have on hand.

KerryK 11-17-2011 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by whyiquilt (Post 4691477)
I have several sets of these for fabric and yarn storage. May I suggest using cable ties to make sure that it stays together. Fabric can weigh alot and I had the set I put into a closet collapse after I had neatly folded and stored all my fabric. I had to pull all the fabric out and put it back together. The cable ties really work!

Cable ties = great idea! I already had them fall apart bringing them in the house and had to restack them, so knew they came apart easily. I have some pretty little pastel-colored cable ties that will work great! Thanks!

leatheflea 11-18-2011 04:10 AM

I would have to make little fabric covered boxes to fit in each section, and then store notions and odds and ends in them, maybe patterns. Fabric might weigh to much for this type of storage space.

AprilG 11-18-2011 04:16 AM

I like the UFO idea. I have a smaller version of this. I use clean "freezer food" boxes. (i.e. corn dog boxes, pizza boxes, etc.) I wrap the boxes like Christmas presents (minus the ribbon & bow) and then label each one (in pencil so it can be reused) and store them in order of preferred completion. Right now there are 5 UFOs on the rack.

quiltinghere 11-18-2011 04:45 AM

Gotta love yard/garage sales for storage items! You're lucky (or are you) that they still happen November through April by you. They don't start up again till April around here due to old man winter.

It also looks like that can be placed horizontal too - so my suggestion it to put in on top of something like a cabinet or dresser.

post a picture of what you do with it.