Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Yellow Brick Road Pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/yellow-brick-road-pattern-t168417.html)

Janet My 11-15-2011 05:01 PM

Yellow Brick Road Pattern

I want to make a yellow brick road quilt. I tried to do a search here but this new board does not seem to be working as well as the old board in the searches. (Unless I'm doing it wrong... can't see how... a search is a search.)

Before I go out and buy the pattern... I wanted to check if anyone has a free one.
(I always seem to buy a pattern only to find it the next day on here. LOL Figured I should ask 1st.)

Stitchnripper 11-15-2011 05:13 PM

If I remember correctly there is no free pattern for this.

Janet My 11-15-2011 05:28 PM

Thanks so much Stitchnripper... You have no idea how many patterns I have purchased only to find the directions here on the forum. By the way... I love your screen name.... I'm currently sitting here ripping out some quilting I did that just didn't come out like I wanted it to.

patchsamkim 11-15-2011 05:29 PM

Yellow Brick Road is a pattern published by Terry Atkinson. It is not available for free.

quilter711 11-15-2011 05:32 PM

I did a web search and could not find a free one. You might want to check on this board to see if someone would be willing to sell one. Good luck!!

Jackie R 11-15-2011 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Janet My (Post 4684018)
I want to make a yellow brick road quilt. I tried to do a search here but this new board does not seem to be working as well as the old board in the searches. (Unless I'm doing it wrong... can't see how... a search is a search.)

Before I go out and buy the pattern... I wanted to check if anyone has a free one.
(I always seem to buy a pattern only to find it the next day on here. LOL Figured I should ask 1st.)

Try to Google for a free yellow road pattern - probably would be a lot faster than trying to figure out this site.

Janet My 11-15-2011 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jackie R (Post 4684165)
Try to Google for a free yellow road pattern - probably would be a lot faster than trying to figure out this site.

Jackie... I did that already... so... from what I'm reading here... I guess I may have to bit the bullet.

thimblebug6000 11-15-2011 05:58 PM

That's correct, there is no free pattern for that particular quilt pattern, however there are many many free patterns on the fabric company sites, and some of them resemble the YBR. I bought the pattern and made one because it was the "rage" at that moment, but didn't really find it anything to write home about. Sorry I gave my pattern away already.

jaciqltznok 11-15-2011 06:08 PM

not only is NOT free...but the ATkinson designs has really strict Copyrights on their patterns. You can not even use them to make a quilt to sell!

KerryK 11-15-2011 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok (Post 4684243)
not only is NOT free...but the ATkinson designs has really strict Copyrights on their patterns. You can not even use them to make a quilt to sell!

Ya know, I totally understand and respect Copyrights, but I think not being able to sell a quilt made by their pattern is a bit over the top, IMHO! Looks like they would like their patterns to be seen by as many as possible! Can you give them away??? Geeeezzzzz ...