Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Yes I have a retirement plan, my plan is to Quilt!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/yes-i-have-retirement-plan-my-plan-quilt-t288844.html)

grammasharon 06-09-2017 02:08 PM

I'm with Loisf. I retired 10 years ago and never looked back. Don't miss it but then I too have coworkers that I meet occasionally and that takes care of the missing anyone stuff. I am now going to 3 quilt retreats a year because I don't know when I will not be physically able to. Enjoy all the new friends I have made and always something to look forward to. Only problem I see is finding enough things to do to keep me busy so I don't get bored doing the same thing and getting the quilts sandwiched and done before the next retreat. Oh won't my kids be proud when they have to go though all this stuff! lol

Boston1954 06-09-2017 02:09 PM

I retired last November, but I have not worked since 2007. (no car) Jim lets me buy any fabric I like as long as the bills are paid.

Nesie 06-09-2017 02:11 PM

I am retiring from a 28 year career as a school librarian in one week. Spent the last few months getting my sewing room ready for full time sewing lol! I'll post pix as soon as school us over.
Installed CloseMade storage in closet and couldn't be happier with it!

Nesie 06-09-2017 02:12 PM

Meant ClosetMade lol

gingerd 06-09-2017 02:37 PM

I am retired as of 6/1/17 after 38 years of teaching Elementary school. Currently I feel like it is summer, with a rumbling in my head knowing I don't return in the Fall.

I'm so excited to have time to do what I enjoy.

Enjoy!!

pittsburgpam 06-09-2017 02:52 PM

I retired last year at age 52 and I'm loving it. I haven't done a whole lot of sewing/quilting yet but I figure I could probably go the rest of my life and not have to buy fabric.... that is if I didn't want to!

Maggie_Sue 06-09-2017 04:22 PM

My retirement is planned for October 2017, may move it up to September just depends. I have been with this company for 36 years. I too have been purchasing fabric, kits, and now batting so come fall I will be ready!!!

busy fingers 06-09-2017 04:41 PM

I beat you to retirement 3 and half years ago and enjoy every day of it. I still do not have enough time to just sit and sew, sew and sew like I had planned. One day!!!!!!!!

Keep collecting and wait for March to roll around.

maminstl 06-09-2017 05:00 PM

I retired about a year and a half ago and am loving every day. I do lots of quilts, but have also been making a lot of garments, got into purses and wallets, and my latest thing is hats. I stumble over new ideas all the time and just go for it. I take time every day to walk the dogs, go for a swim, take an exercise class. No TV on in my house until dinner time. I did not and will not "stock up" because I just don't know what I will be "in to" at any given moment.

Stitchnripper 06-09-2017 05:00 PM

I took up quilting after I retired 13 years ago and have almost no stash. It isn't because of lack of funds but I read here about so many quilters being overrun by and obligated to a stash that they dont love anymore. I agree with the posters who recommend putting that money aside so you can buy what you want/need when you want to