Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? **77 Days till Christmas** What are you making? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-busy-making-your-christmas-gifts-%2A%2A77-days-till-christmas%2A%2A-what-you-making-t69004.html)

dgmoby 10-18-2010 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by 4luvuvfabric
I just changed my avatar and it looks like there's a way to upload, so here goes.

Oh, this is SO precious! What a wonderful, new grandmother you are! She's lucky to have you...as lucky as you are to have her, I'm sure.

Beautiful quilt! I'm going to have to find that pattern somewhere....I know a little granddaughter of my own who would simply ADORE this quilt :) She's my girly-girl...and so special to me (she is also a special needs child, so really special in multiple ways!).

Great job!
Debbie in Austin

Quilting Nana 10-18-2010 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by TN Donna
A bread cover is a cloth that is real soft and used to cover your bread, biscuits or rolls on the table to keep them warm. You can buy them already made in the cross-stitch aisle or I buy the material off the bolt at Hobby Lobby and make my own. I then place a cross-stitch pattern or saying on the cloth. I give these for birthday gifts and for Bingo, Wedding shower games, etc.

Do you have any pics??

GailG 10-18-2010 09:51 AM

A bread cover is a cloth that is real soft and used to cover your bread, biscuits or rolls on the table to keep them warm. You can buy them already made in the cross-stitch aisle or I buy the material off the bolt at Hobby Lobby and make my own. I then place a cross-stitch pattern or saying on the cloth. I give these for birthday gifts and for Bingo, Wedding shower games, etc.

Thank you Donna. I'll have to check those out.

TN Donna 10-18-2010 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nana

Do you have any pics??

I don't do pics. I am not computer smart.

deanna_1 10-25-2010 08:43 PM

I have been making casserole carriers out of placemats, pot holders, aprons, pillowcase dresses and monograming names on pillow cases. I find aprons to be the most popular gift.

Short an Sweet 10-26-2010 04:45 AM

lol I used to love aprons, but ya know, I don't have a single one anymore.

Originally Posted by deanna_1
I have been making casserole carriers out of placemats, pot holders, aprons, pillowcase dresses and monograming names on pillow cases. I find aprons to be the most popular gift.

Gramma B 10-26-2010 05:35 AM

I'm making table toppers, and pot holders, which I'm going to practice meandering quilting on before I quilt my grandson's quilt he is getting for Christmas.

GailG 10-26-2010 09:59 AM

This thread is making me soooo nervous. It's making me stare at reality and reminds me that Christmas will be here before we know it, AND I WON'T BE READY! :O)

ruth c 10-26-2010 10:07 AM

I've been very busy sewing for christmas. Made some Joural covers, I got a guilt top done know just got to quilt it free hand. Matching pillow case and toy bag. I already sent out Table runner for Halloween, Thanksgiving and christmas.

Short an Sweet 10-31-2010 04:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I finally started them, this is the first group I'm making, I have 30 of these to make, I hope to be finished with the tops by Tuesday and the bottoms by Thursday

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
I am making placemats for all my sisters & sister-in-laws and neices (53 ttl) for Christmas, I have them cut out but now I need to finish the tablerunner I'm working on so I can start sewing the placemats lol

the backing and binding will be done in the green color on Snoopy's hat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]116231[/ATTACH]