Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Are you a FABRIC JUNKIE??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-fabric-junkie-t156468.html)

Pat G 09-29-2011 08:32 AM

I sure do. I get so overwhelmed by the colors & prints though that it becomes easy to walk out empty handed but know I've had my fix.

CarrieAnne 09-29-2011 08:39 AM

Oh, for sure!

quiltyjax 09-29-2011 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by PatchGirl
YES I AM!! I love different colors and textures and decided when I am tempted to increase my stash and I shouldn't I just take a trip to the fabric store to touch and ooh and ahh over new stuff but NOT buy unless for a specific project! My kids think it's crazy to just hang out at the fabric store to "browse," but I love to look and touch! Also certain fabric give me ideas for projects:) Do you do this???

Most certainly do! I have 2 close friends who love shopping so when we 3 go out for the day, they go to the dept stores to look at clothes, shoes, handbags and other stuff that really doesn't interest me. We agree to meet up for lunch at a certain time. I go to the fabric shop and guess who's always late!!

sewlisa 09-29-2011 09:11 AM

Hello! My name is Lisa and I am a fabriholic. :wink: Seriously, I love the quilting wall at the fabric stores. I used to work for Joanns and I once spent my whole paycheck, to the penny, on my addiction. That's when I knew I needed help. :-D

annthreecats 09-29-2011 09:18 AM

I, too, am a fabricaholic. All the pretty colors and patterns of the cotton. It's overwhelming and exhilerating at the same time. I buy on line, in person, you name it and I'm looking. Just picked up some fabric off of ebay and Connecting Threads this morning for a quilt that I wasn't even planning to make yesterday, but today it popped in my head and the fabric is purchased.

svenskaflicka1 09-29-2011 09:19 AM

"my name is marilyn, and i'm a fabriholic..."

yes. i go and pet the bolts. i love to roam through the home decor fabrics and touch the different types, weights, kinds...chenille, brocades, sheers, silks, etc. i know that i have a "different" feeling about some of it--my daughter and i have a measure of "synesthesia"--we "taste" the colors in things. green has a different "flavor" than red, purple is different than blue. (and chartreuse and "hot" greens taste like hot metal smells...) lucky for me, i do have a friend who makes renaissance clothing (for a living, even!) and i get lots of scraps from him to "play" with. (lovely patchwork quilts--heavy, warm!)

yep. time for another fix, i think...

misoop 09-29-2011 09:33 AM

YEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!

Anna O 09-29-2011 09:36 AM

I'm a junkie and addicted!

newBe 09-29-2011 10:11 AM

My name is Gerry and I AM a Fabricholick! It IS my therapy! I have yet to finish one quilt, but have five projects and fabric supplies on hand already . . .

BarbaraSue 09-29-2011 10:12 AM

Hello, my name is BarbaraSue and I'm a fabric junky. It has been 5 days since I bought my last fabric. I'm already quivering, and sweaty and imagining all sorts of fabrics to go look at and touch and ...(pant)....(druel) hehe

the only help is to go and look, and feel and pant and druel that I know of! lol