Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Are you finished yet? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-finished-yet-t293848.html)

Nanny's dollface 01-05-2018 02:00 PM

Are you finished yet?

I took the week off from work and decided to work on my Simply Sixteen. I have it on the Little Foot frame on the second floor loft area. I have been working on a full size quilt doing rows of a swirl pattern about 2.5 inches apart. I spend about 3 hours these past 3 days. I have been learning a lot about the machine and about FMQ. I come downstairs for a cup of coffee and DH asks " so is the quilt finished!? You've been working on it for a while."
Seriously, he is clueless lol

E.J. 01-05-2018 03:19 PM

yep, clueless..Did you say anything too him? Or just stare him down, take your coffee and walk silently back upstairs? :D

Nanny's dollface 01-05-2018 04:21 PM

Gave him "the look" as I took my coffee upstairs lol

SusieQOH 01-05-2018 04:27 PM

Clueless for sure !
My husband was "helping" me hang a wall quilt today and he suggested carpet tacks. Yes, really :D

Teen 01-05-2018 05:10 PM

OMG?...hilarious, SusieQ...

I had my un-assembled queen quilt laid out on king bed today and DH asked me to "just" move it. Really? I said, "Don't touch it!!!!!" I need a design wall...geesh!

cashs_mom 01-05-2018 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Nanny's dollface (Post 7977420)
Gave him "the look" as I took my coffee upstairs lol

My husband doesn't get the L@@K as often as he used to but there are still times. . .

Clueless for sure.

ka9sdn 01-06-2018 04:54 AM

I would take my coffee and invite him to come take a look and show him how detailed and time consuming it is! My hubby would come look.

dunster 01-06-2018 05:33 AM

My friend (who is a quilter) and her DH came to visit. Her DH had never seen a longarm before, so he was amazed at my 12 foot, 26" Innova and said "This thing must have cost HUNDREDS of dollars." His wife was the one to give him "the look."

GingerK 01-06-2018 05:51 AM

Surprisingly, my DH seems to be catching on. But his hobby is woodworking and he loves to build furniture. I think he has realized that making a quilt and making a bookcase have much in common. He is also the one who taught me the proper way to make sure my quilt sandwich was square. Just wish he understood why I need more than 1 sewing machine. After all, he has at least 3 routers and I don't know how many specialty saws.

jmoore 01-07-2018 07:21 AM

After my recent LA rental and completion of two quilts, my DH asked why did I want to spend the money on having one of my own? Let’s see, I have to drive an hour in each direction to the shop where I rent, pay by the hour to load each quilt, free motion quilt them, and then unload each quilt (times 2), plus pay additional fee for thread and since I am paying by the hour...I just FMQ an all over design.

DUH.