Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Are you finished yet?

Are you finished yet?

I took the week off from work and decided to work on my Simply Sixteen. I have it on the Little Foot frame on the second floor loft area. I have been working on a full size quilt doing rows of a swirl pattern about 2.5 inches apart. I spend about 3 hours these past 3 days. I have been learning a lot about the machine and about FMQ. I come downstairs for a cup of coffee and DH asks " so is the quilt finished!? You've been working on it for a while."
    Seriously, he is clueless lol
    "I may not believe in what you say but will defend your right to say it"- Voltaire

yep, clueless..Did you say anything too him? Or just stare him down, take your coffee and walk silently back upstairs?

Gave him "the look" as I took my coffee upstairs lol
    "I may not believe in what you say but will defend your right to say it"- Voltaire

Clueless for sure !
    My husband was "helping" me hang a wall quilt today and he suggested carpet tacks. Yes, really

OMG?...hilarious, SusieQ...

I had my un-assembled queen quilt laid out on king bed today and DH asked me to "just" move it. Really? I said, "Don't touch it!!!!!" I need a design wall...geesh!
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nanny's dollface View Post
    Gave him "the look" as I took my coffee upstairs lol
    My husband doesn't get the [email protected]@K as often as he used to but there are still times. . .

Clueless for sure.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

I would take my coffee and invite him to come take a look and show him how detailed and time consuming it is! My hubby would come look.

My friend (who is a quilter) and her DH came to visit. Her DH had never seen a longarm before, so he was amazed at my 12 foot, 26" Innova and said "This thing must have cost HUNDREDS of dollars." His wife was the one to give him "the look."

Surprisingly, my DH seems to be catching on. But his hobby is woodworking and he loves to build furniture. I think he has realized that making a quilt and making a bookcase have much in common. He is also the one who taught me the proper way to make sure my quilt sandwich was square. Just wish he understood why I need more than 1 sewing machine. After all, he has at least 3 routers and I don't know how many specialty saws.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

Blog Entries
    After my recent LA rental and completion of two quilts, my DH asked why did I want to spend the money on having one of my own? Let’s see, I have to drive an hour in each direction to the shop where I rent, pay by the hour to load each quilt, free motion quilt them, and then unload each quilt (times 2), plus pay additional fee for thread and since I am paying by the hour...I just FMQ an all over design.

DUH.
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

I guess I am very lucky. Jim has asked me many times if I need more pins, more bobbins, more everything. He has not one time asked my about the length of time my quilts take. I also does not push me when I get out of the mood and do not do any sewing for several weeks.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.