Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Are you going to the stores tonight/tomorrow for sales? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-going-stores-tonight-tomorrow-sales-t206655.html)

Iamquilter 11-22-2012 06:14 AM

No way, I hate crowds and standing in line to check out. There will always be sales later that you can take advantage of.

Iamquilter 11-22-2012 06:16 AM

Agree with you.

auntpiggylpn 11-22-2012 06:20 AM

The only place I am going to on Black Friday is my favorite LQS. I don't really need anything but they sell my favorite tea there and it is on sale for 40% off so I will stock up on that. I will have to see what the instore specials are!!!

GemState 11-22-2012 06:55 AM

I agree with Sandy!!

francie yuhas 11-22-2012 07:05 AM

I have to work..The clinic has lots of folks who bring the kids in, as they have a school holiday -or the folks who got sick on T Day. I hope I don't catch it. Reminder: don't sneeze on the doc!

Yarn or Fabric 11-22-2012 07:15 AM

There are a lot of us that enjoy going out. For me, it's kind of a beginning of the season ritual. I hum Christmas songs and have a good time. Normally I don't buy much but I usually get everything I want and don't have to wait in long lines to get them. There are stores that I avoid like the plague - like Toys r Us, Best Buy, etc because of the lines to get in and out but I have been very fortunate to get what I want. I don't stay out late. I only get what I want or need and then go home.

Yes, there are a lot of sales between now and Xmas and not everything Friday is a great deal but I still like to go out and shop.

I probably would have purchased my wheelie case when I was out the other day since it was on sale but I wanted to compare what the different stores carried and I was not able to return to get the style that I want. They do not sell it online or else I would have done that already. Hopefully I'll get it. I am planning to be there when that store opens so that I can also get in, get out. I cringe at the cutting table line lol so I highly doubt that I'll get anything cut unless it looks like it's moving quickly.

I do hope that those that don't like shopping on Black Friday don't feel the need to put down those of that do.

susie-susie-susie 11-22-2012 07:39 AM

I may go out later in the day, but not setting my alarm for anything. Short story, last year some people camped out at Best Buy for a couple of days. My son wanted a new TV to mount over his fireplace. Went early afternoon, walked in and out with new TV in about 15 min. I'm thinking the people who camp do it for the party. jmho
Sue

jodimarie 11-22-2012 07:45 AM

my daughter and I will start out tonight at 8pm and shop for a few hours, then return home. I will sleep for a few hours and then head off to Kansas City at 4am for the JoAnn sales. Excluding the door buster sales, everything else can be applied towards their 25% off coupon, so the savings can be good. Don't mind the crowds. as long as everyone 'behaves' themselves....... My daughter will cook while I shop and we will celebrate with Thanksgiving dinner on Friday night. She is a nurse who always works the holdiays so others with kids can have the day off....plus it is double time pay!!!!!!!!!

Lori S 11-22-2012 08:22 AM

Getting up early and going to Jo'anns on Black friday to stock up on batting was always a personal tradition. I bought a whole roll and was in and back out in under 20 minutes. This year I bought the batting yesterday, and not much in this years Black Friday I am interested in ... so its going to be a sleep in day for me... and look for some marathon of movies to watch as I sew.

QUILTNMO 11-22-2012 08:28 AM

i dont do black friday or sat shopping id rather be home sewing dont like huge crodws and long lines