Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   You know it's bad..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-know-its-bad-t146667.html)

Essiescott 08-21-2011 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by eparys
Guilty!! At least you know that your fabric choices are consistent.

I have run into so many ladies that either do the plastic page protector or 5x7 card with swatches stapled onto it. I am not that organized. I tend to be a spur of the moment purchaser - and never intending to buy more fabric (but I do lol). I wish I were more organized.

No you sound like me. I went this morning and cut swatches out of the fabric I had purchased and put them in an envelope so I could keep it in my purse. So the next time I go to the fabric store I would have it to make sure I don't get the same----I have already lost the envelope. I think I'm hopeless. Oh well just go cut a bit more of.

Sibyl

Essiescott 08-21-2011 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by eparys
Guilty!! At least you know that your fabric choices are consistent.

I have run into so many ladies that either do the plastic page protector or 5x7 card with swatches stapled onto it. I am not that organized. I tend to be a spur of the moment purchaser - and never intending to buy more fabric (but I do lol). I wish I were more organized.

No you sound like me. I went this morning and cut swatches out of the fabric I had purchased and put them in an envelope so I could keep it in my purse. So the next time I go to the fabric store I would have it to make sure I don't get the same----I have already lost the envelope. I think I'm hopeless. Oh well just go cut a bit more of.

Sibyl

Airwick156 08-21-2011 06:44 AM

You can always cut a piece of fabric....cut a hole in a corner and put it on one of those rings that go on your key chain. That way you have the fabrics handy. Just a suggestion.

Cheri_J 08-21-2011 06:50 AM

LOL..I do this more times than I care to admit!!

plainpat 08-21-2011 06:50 AM

Don't think I buy too many same fabrics, but don't mention patterns! I seldom buy one, but do save them on here for "someday".Now & then I sort thru them & usually have at least 4-5 doubles.
Have also saved every tute for totes/bags....but have yet to make one.I'm kind of hopeless too :)

susie-susie-susie 08-21-2011 07:01 AM

guilty. Some of you are so organized. Not me. I was looking through my books--3 shelves worth--and I noticed that I have 4 copies of the same book. Pitiful--some day I guess I will put 3 of them on here to sell. some day when I figure out how to post a picture.
Sue

LisaGibbs 08-21-2011 07:48 AM

That is one reason I am glad I have that OCD thing. I have this habit of putting projects together then making index cards of what I need to complete that project. So when I get to the next UFO I know what I need when I start it.

New Quilter 08-21-2011 07:58 AM

And I do it with patterns...lol...Naomi :oops: :oops: :oops:

quilter68 08-21-2011 08:05 AM

DogHouseMom,

I have bought the same book more than once. That is why they change the covers so we do not recognize the book.

Kathleen

jitkaau 08-22-2011 03:13 AM

I don't think it matters if I have duplicates or a lot of fabric as I don't think I have to justify my purchases if all of my bills are paid etc.etc.I enjoy it.