Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   You know some days it just doesn't pay to get up! But I got a new sewing machine so... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-know-some-days-just-doesnt-pay-get-up-but-i-got-new-sewing-machine-so-t20549.html)

Joan 05-26-2009 07:18 AM

Way to go, Mimisharon! Keep that machine hummin' and we'll be looking forward to seeing all of your wonderful creations!

May in Jersey 05-26-2009 07:53 AM

Glad to hear that you have a new machine and finished your quilt. Also glad to hear of your plans for an upgrade at some later date. I had been thinking of upgrading my Pfaff someday in the future but a sudden problem with it may make that someday upgrade much sooner that I planned. Had it reparied last month by a local guy, I sewed only 2 blocks and problem came up again. Brought it back and this time I got to sew a total of 2 hours before problem was back again. This afternoon I'll be making a big trip upstate to an authorized Pfaff dealer to see what the problem is and hopefully get a free replacement part. Luckly I have a little old plain Brother machine. It saved the day so I could finish the quilt I want to give to a friend this weekend. Been sewing with Pfaff's for about 7 years, love them because they are accurate, quiet and usually so dependable, so I hope the Pfaff dealer can solve the problem for me as I really can't afford to upgrade right now. May in Jersey

Knot Sew 05-26-2009 08:09 AM

Congrats on the new machine...I love the blanket stitch on the new ones :D

Marcia 05-26-2009 08:42 AM

Yeah!! Congrats on your new machine Sharon. I think I can hear it humming away from here. Enjoy!!

peaceandjoy 05-26-2009 02:11 PM

It sure is annoying when our tools don't work when we need them to! So glad you were able to find a solution, lol. I know you will enjoy your new machine until the time comes for another change. I'm not very familiar with the Elnas, but agree w/ you on the benefits of a machine made of metal components. A large part of the reason I bought my Bernina was the dealer - close by and great to work with. Only later did I realize how much a solid machine is worth!

I'm looking forward to hearing about/seeing what you creat with your new machine. Hope you & Roy are well!

MadQuilter 05-26-2009 02:38 PM

Sounds like a match made in quiltig heaven. Enjoy!!!!!!

Skeat 05-26-2009 04:59 PM

I love Madam Blueberry!!:)Skeat

ButtercreamCakeArtist 05-26-2009 05:11 PM

Congrats on the new machine, Sharon. :D

Tink's Mom 05-26-2009 05:25 PM

Don't ya just love that new machine smell? Just as good as a new car, and twice as fun! :D

I understand what you mean by clunk...one of my favorite machines,Singer XL50, about 12-15 years old, went clunk the other day. I just got the bad news from the dealer today. :( The part is under $20, but the labor is about 4 hours worth. I'm looking at about $300 in repairs, but the machine is a workhorse. Dealer even said worth the repair...I trust this guy. :)

sewmuch 05-27-2009 07:07 AM

How exciting to have a new machine. Happy sewing. Nancy :lol: :lol: