Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Are you making any gifts this year? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-making-any-gifts-year-t319293.html)

LogCabin82 10-06-2022 07:48 AM

Are you making any gifts this year?

I am thinking of making my mom a chicken table runner, with matching napkins. Other than that, I don't really have any other gifts I'm planning to make.

What about you? :)

Onebyone 10-06-2022 08:15 AM

My kids have asked for more bowl cozies and big potholders.

SuzSLO 10-06-2022 08:51 AM

Last year, I decided to make fabric gift bags for this Christmas. I stocked up on sale Christmas fabric and have made a sample bag. We’ll see if I actually finish making the bags.

sewingpup 10-06-2022 09:40 AM

years ago, we decided to leave off with the gift giving for the holidays. We spend the day visiting and feasting although the gatherings have been small and each family unit has eaten in their own "dining" room after a masked gathering in the kitchen for dishing up of their plates. Yep, most of us are "senior citizens now". I do work on quilts and will gift those to folks during the year for no special reason other then I got one finished I think they would like. One year I did gift everyone a scrap flannel throw quilt. Those are all being used regularly!

Tartan 10-06-2022 10:37 AM

No gifts to make this year.

cashs_mom 10-06-2022 01:57 PM

I'm making a Christmas purse for myself out of a vintage tablecloth. If it turns out nicely, I might make one for my cousin, too, but that will probably be all the gifts I make.

cathyvv 10-06-2022 05:54 PM

I'm making a Christmas throw quilt for my neighbor as a thank you. She takes us to the airport and checks our mail while we are out of town. She loves to watch nature 'happen' in her back yard. I had 12 Christmas bird blocks I picked up off the 'free' table at one of the guilds I belong to -they'd been taking up space in a drawer for several years. While looking for something else. They popped up and the idea for the quilt was born.

Best part? All the fabrics in it are stash!

Mkotch 10-07-2022 02:09 AM

I'm planning to make a few zipper bags for people on my list. But I'm not going to make as much as usual this year. I often start making things in summer, but this year I decided to eliminate as many UFOs as I could. I have no tops waiting to be quilted now and just a few project boxes with works-in-progress.

WMUTeach 10-07-2022 03:21 AM

Making potholder of out odds and ends of holiday fabric. I need about 30 total, 15 are made but they need some quick quilting and edges bound. I would like to make gift bags out of holiday fabric too, but..... we will see.

s

Snooze2978 10-07-2022 05:43 AM

I don't do holidays ever. All my quilts are gifts so they know that it's special from me to them and not because some holidays says I have to. They never know when they'll get a gift from me either.