Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Are you a member of an other board then this one? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-member-other-board-then-one-t63698.html)

raptureready 09-08-2010 10:45 AM

Yes, several but I won't name them on here. Naming other quilting forums on here can be considered soliciting for them and that's frowned upon by the owners of this and other forums. This one is my favorite, but yeah, there's others. I just think of them like I used to think of boyfriends---having several is nice but don't introduce them or talk about them to the others.

cjomomma 09-08-2010 11:00 AM

yes I am a memeber on another quilting forum but I spend very little to no time there unlike like I do here.

patricej 09-08-2010 11:04 AM

i've lost count of the other quilting boards on the internet. i think i even signed up for some of them. who remembers? :lol:

along with boards there are blogs and forums focused on specific things such as longarm quilting, machine embroidery, etc, etc, etc, etc.

it's ok to participate elsewhere and to admit being a member elsewhere. we know we aren't the only one. we wouldn't want you to deny yourselves opportunities to learn, to grow as quilters and to make friends.

since we also know we're the biggest and the best, we don't worry about it. :lol:

RaptureReady does make a good point, though. McDonald's doesn't hang BurgerKing posters in their own windows. just because we know they're out there, don't think for a second we're going to tell you where. :XD:

after all, business is business and we're only human. :lol:

hobo2000 09-08-2010 11:26 AM

Who has time for more than this one? It's hard enough to cover this one and still have time to quilt, oh yea, eat & sleep, my better half reminds me.

BellaBoo 09-08-2010 11:30 AM

I am a member of lots of online quilt groups and forums. Some are private by invitation only but most are open to anyone. The private ones get stagnate really quick. Not enough new idea or opinions to keep it interesting. It seems that owners of private groups just like having control. I haven't posted to any of them in forever. I keep track of a few public forums/groups. I get lots of ideas from each of them. This one is my favorite and the best I have found.

Joeysnana 09-08-2010 11:35 AM

Besides this board I also belong to the Janome 6600 Yahoo group. Love both of these sites!!

SueDor 09-08-2010 11:44 AM

This is the only one I am on. If I had more I wouldn't have time to quilt.

Sadiemae 09-08-2010 11:46 AM

I didn't mind changing my post, I just didn't think about it being rude. Sometimes I just don't think about things the way I should, but it makes sense not to mention the names of other groups.

Theresa 09-08-2010 11:46 AM

I'm on a fb group associated with quilting. It's just as nice as this one!

sewmuchmore 09-08-2010 11:49 AM

No I don't have time for another one besides this is an Awesome one who need any other. :thumbup: