Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are you a member of an other board then this one?

Do you and is it an other quilting forum? Please tell me, I'm curious. :)

I am also a member of CafeMom and Facebook.

No, this is it. Its a great place, never even looked for another after I found this one.

Blog Entries
    oh i've been members of other forums for years. i used to swap a lot. Especially with quilters around the world. I don't do that anymore so i dont' get into all my forums that often since most of them still swap.
    i love this forum though because it's very active with things other than swapping.

Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California
    Nope. Not for quilting anyway. I also belong to Facebook, Salon and the Yahoo! Janome Memory Craft groups. However, this is the one that I use the very most.

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I didn't know I wasn't supossed to give the name. So I am changing it. I belong to a group that discusses all kinds of machine quilting.

yes. Quilting and non-quilting forums.

RDM
    Blog Entries
    No. This is the first and probably last-it's an awesome sight full of info and great members-no need to go anywhere else.

No, I don't have time for anything else. I spend way too much time on here as it is....

It's all I can do to stay somewhat up with this one, I would never get anything done if I joined another one. LOL

Yes, several but I won't name them on here. Naming other quilting forums on here can be considered soliciting for them and that's frowned upon by the owners of this and other forums. This one is my favorite, but yeah, there's others. I just think of them like I used to think of boyfriends---having several is nice but don't introduce them or talk about them to the others.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    yes I am a memeber on another quilting forum but I spend very little to no time there unlike like I do here.

Blog Entries
    i've lost count of the other quilting boards on the internet. i think i even signed up for some of them. who remembers? :lol:

along with boards there are blogs and forums focused on specific things such as longarm quilting, machine embroidery, etc, etc, etc, etc.

it's ok to participate elsewhere and to admit being a member elsewhere. we know we aren't the only one. we wouldn't want you to deny yourselves opportunities to learn, to grow as quilters and to make friends.

since we also know we're the biggest and the best, we don't worry about it. :lol:

RaptureReady does make a good point, though. McDonald's doesn't hang BurgerKing posters in their own windows. just because we know they're out there, don't think for a second we're going to tell you where. :XD:

after all, business is business and we're only human. :lol:

Blog Entries
    Who has time for more than this one? It's hard enough to cover this one and still have time to quilt, oh yea, eat & sleep, my better half reminds me.

Blog Entries
    I am a member of lots of online quilt groups and forums. Some are private by invitation only but most are open to anyone. The private ones get stagnate really quick. Not enough new idea or opinions to keep it interesting. It seems that owners of private groups just like having control. I haven't posted to any of them in forever. I keep track of a few public forums/groups. I get lots of ideas from each of them. This one is my favorite and the best I have found.

Blog Entries
    Besides this board I also belong to the Janome 6600 Yahoo group. Love both of these sites!!

Power Poster
    This is the only one I am on. If I had more I wouldn't have time to quilt.

Blog Entries
    I didn't mind changing my post, I just didn't think about it being rude. Sometimes I just don't think about things the way I should, but it makes sense not to mention the names of other groups.

I'm on a fb group associated with quilting. It's just as nice as this one!

Blog Entries
    No I don't have time for another one besides this is an Awesome one who need any other. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    I didn't mind changing my post, I just didn't think about it being rude. Sometimes I just don't think about things the way I should, but it makes sense not to mention the names of other groups.
    worry not, my dear. there's a huge difference between a teeniny ettiquette error and being rude. you came nowhere near rude.

heck. you were at least half a mile from teeniny. ;-) :lol:

[quote=PatriceJ].
    it's ok to participate elsewhere and to admit being a member elsewhere. we know we aren't the only one. since we also know we're the biggest and the best, we don't worry about it. .[quote]

I sincerely agree with this one being the biggest and the best. Thank you all, whoever is responsible for it.

I belong to other forums, as well, mostly Airedale forums. This one definitely takes most of my time, though.

I spend most of my time on an "everything under the sun" Irish board. There are forums for just about any subject you can think of, other than quilting!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    No, I don't have time for anything else. I spend way too much time on here as it is....
    ditto

Blog Entries
    I've been on several other quilting boards for years.Some I check more often than others.Also on a couple computer & sewing boards.Had to quit saving blogs....there's just too many to keep up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Maksi
    Do you and is it an other quilting forum? Please tell me, I'm curious. :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast