Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Are you...... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-t84673.html)

Treasureit 12-24-2010 07:47 AM

I might leave the group if I got a lot of negative comments on my pictures. I post them because I am proud that I finished it. I want those accolades.

If I ask for help or a critique then say it honestly.

Nanjun 12-24-2010 08:06 AM

I would never make a comment about another persons
quilt or craft item, because I am not a great quilter.

Parrothead 12-24-2010 08:28 AM

I'm in the group of "If you cannot say something nice.....".
My Mother taught me this and she lived what she taught until she was well into her 80's and then she became more outspoken.
I had a woman look at one of my needlepoint projects. It was a fun sign to hang outside our RV. I did not follow all the rules or pattern so the back was messy. She said "How cute" and then looked at the back, and said "Oh, my!" I thought she was rude to look at the back!
It is best to say something positive about a quilt if you are in person. I agree you can admire the colors or pattern or simply say I know that took a lot of work.

Sweeterthanwine 12-24-2010 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by aorlflood
My mother taught me "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". I would never say anything bad about someone's quilt/work. But I always try to find something nice to say...even if it's "good job" or "nice quilt".

Ditto

grannyp70 12-24-2010 08:42 AM

I totally agree with aorlflood, if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. None of us would like to have someone tell us that they don't like our work, or our choice of colors. For the person that has made that quilt to them its beautiful, so lets all say good things to everyone, and then this world would be a much better place don't you think????????

weezie 12-24-2010 08:42 AM

I would say nothing at all about a quilt that I didn't like. If someone was having a problem, I would give advice only if it was asked for. Otherwise, I generally keep my opinions to myself. This has not been difficult because I have yet to be in a "face-to-face" situation where a comment is expected.

EagarBeez 12-24-2010 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Treasureit
I might leave the group if I got a lot of negative comments on my pictures. I post them because I am proud that I finished it. I want those accolades.

If I ask for help or a critique then say it honestly.

Treasureit.. I love your avitar

Nanjun 12-24-2010 09:32 AM

AMEN

linhawk 12-24-2010 09:46 AM

The funny thing is..is what I don't especially like, someone else will love. It is all in the eye of the beholder. It's the love that is put into the making.

Sorrelpen 12-24-2010 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by woody
Everyone has different tastes, but I do appreciate the work that goes into even simple quilts. I'm sure lots of people don't like my pattern or colour choices either.
If we all like the same thing and made quilts all the same how boring would that be.

I have a friend that says "it's a good thing every has different tastes because if they did eeryone would want Verge{her X}.
LOL
Penny