Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   You want how much? Craigslist edition (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-want-how-much-craigslist-edition-t45613.html)

raptureready 05-12-2010 05:29 AM

It just says that she's helping her daughter out of a bad situation and helping her get a car. That sounds more like an abusive partner to me. I sell every bit of my stash if my daughter needed to get out of an abusive relationship. Maybe that's all she has to sell. It's sad. I'd have to look at it first but if it was stuff I wanted and had the money.........

Candace 05-12-2010 05:46 AM

I don't know, but if that's all LQS fabric and includes everything, I think $500 is a fair value. If I had the extra $ to spend on it and was there, I'd buy it.

Charlee 05-12-2010 06:00 AM

We can speculate until the cows come home...but the long and short of it is that the lady feels that she needs to sell the stuff...and it does look like she's got at least $500 into it...I wish her luck! (My vote is for a single mom who is trying to both work and go to school, car broke down and mom's trying to help in anyway she can.)

Holice 05-12-2010 06:02 AM

It would only be a good deal if quality is good, you can use multiple numbers and YOU NEED IT or can use it.

Minda 05-12-2010 07:16 AM

Looks like a lot of stuff for $500.

shequilts 05-12-2010 07:56 AM

Oh the venom! No one knows the circumstance of this person and her daughter. Speculation is usually wrong. With the current economy, job situations, and a multitude of other reasons to desperately need help, how can anyone assume anything?
I feel the pain of the poor woman who needs money so desperately that she's willing to part with something that means so much to her. It obviously has great value to her. (Think about having to sell your own stash and supplies). If she feels the need, then I hope she gets what she's asking for her items. Obviously, she needs it. What she doesn't need is criticism for something we know nothing about!

bearisgray 05-12-2010 08:03 AM

Looks like there's at least $500 worth of stuff there to me -

The seller might have better luck breaking the stuff down into smaller portions - even $50 to $100 size bites

Many of us take a deep breath when it's a bigger chunk, but part with $25-$50 (back in the good old days) without too much of a second thought.

sharon b 05-12-2010 08:28 AM

Lot of stuff... but from the pic you can't tell the quality or type of "stuff" it is . Would need more info and better pics

jljack 05-12-2010 09:22 AM

Aren't we all just speculating on this a little too much? My...some of these comments sound like people ranting about their own situations. All this person wants to do is sell some sewing stuff to help her daughter. Calm down, ladies!!!

quiltluvr 05-12-2010 10:45 AM

I can easily see that she's crammed the room with all things sewing related. Lots of stuff can be put in those drawers. Come on, quilting is an expensive hobby. It's not hard to rack up a couple of thousand in notions, fabrics and what not. So selling it all for $500 seems reasonable to me, even if the fabric may not be in prints that you personally find appealing enough to purchase.

I hope she finds the right person to sell this to.