Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Your favorite sewing room idea (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/your-favorite-sewing-room-idea-t47401.html)

Missi 05-28-2010 12:48 PM

I have a peg board on the wall above my cutting table. I have my rulers and scissors right at reach. I need to finish cleaning and get some pics posted.

Melody 05-28-2010 12:51 PM

I would love to see some pics.

CarrieAnne 05-28-2010 01:08 PM

Alot of shelves to keep all your fabric!

lkcantwell 05-28-2010 01:14 PM

I have a room with 2 windows that is 10x12. I have a pine table that I have place perpendicular to the wall and I have 3 machines on it...a serger and embroidery machine on one side and my regular machine on the other side. I have a small cutting mat to the right of my machine for cutting small things. I have shelves from ceiling to floor on one side of the room that is to the left of my sewing machine table, and I have access to all my supplies and fabrics there. In other areas of the room I have my cutting table and ironing surface next to it.

Melody 05-28-2010 01:16 PM

This sounds like something I can really do!

Originally Posted by lkcantwell
I have a room with 2 windows that is 10x12. I have a pine table that I have place perpendicular to the wall and I have 3 machines on it...a serger and embroidery machine on one side and my regular machine on the other side. I have a small cutting mat to the right of my machine for cutting small things. I have shelves from ceiling to floor on one side of the room that is to the left of my sewing machine table, and I have access to all my supplies and fabrics there. In other areas of the room I have my cutting table and ironing surface next to it.

Tally Kathy 05-28-2010 01:36 PM

I bought a nice trestle style desk on-line at Walmart - easy to assemble and can blend with any decor. @ tall book shelves to match. Baskets can organize your notions but keep a neat, tidy appearance.

Melody 05-28-2010 02:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Okay, I should have gone ahead and posted pics right at first... but here is my office/homeschool classroom/soon to be sewing room. I didn't tidy it up, so be kind :D

As you can see I have a lot of light in the evening across the desk that will be my sewing machine desk.

JudyG 05-28-2010 03:09 PM

I have a drop leaf maple table that I bought at a garage sale which works great. It was a little bit low, so I had DH drill holes in the legs and put in large ball rollers (not sure what they're actually called) so it is raised a little higher and moves easily when I want to pull it out and raise both leaves.

Pamela Artman 05-28-2010 03:17 PM

Shop office supply stores for storage ideas. Mail sorter for rulers, stacked paper trays for patterns or block pieces, pencil holders for scissors, marking pens, seam rippers etc. Baskets on a rack can hold different projects or WIPs or scraps. My favorite are flat plastic storage boxes (from Walmart or Joann's) to hold UFOs. They stack and you can see through them and they are the perfect size for blocks up to 14 inches, pattern, thread, etc. and they have a handle to just grab and go!

Charlee 05-28-2010 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
I have a drop leaf maple table that I bought at a garage sale which works great. It was a little bit low, so I had DH drill holes in the legs and put in large ball rollers (not sure what they're actually called) so it is raised a little higher and moves easily when I want to pull it out and raise both leaves.

Judy, they're called casters, and what a GREAT idea! I'm going to ask William to do that with my drop leaf that my Janome lives on!! Thanks!